Have you under bought and over work your equipment

/ Have you under bought and over work your equipment #1  

Snickers

Tractor
TYM 451
How often are the failures of equipment caused by over stress due to operator
judgement. Then do we blame the equipment for poor workmanship. I look at what I need to do the job, then I buy what I can afford to do that job. How often do you under buy and cause your own break-downs. Just wondering, so far it has been my blade, to light and I tend to bend it.

/ Have you under bought and over work your equipment #2  
From a farming point of view it happens all the time as we often find something cheaper than the one we really should have but can't afford.
If youre using it youself it can be ok but i've seen fleets of tractors bought to a lighter spec then had 40% more hp screwed out of them to compensate and occasionaly the weak points will show. One fleet of IH tractors we had springs to mind which were bought at low spec and modded up to heavier hp tractors were fine when run by the regular operators but when the summer students got to work with them there was rear ends all over the workshop floor !

/ Have you under bought and over work your equipment #3  
Most of the damages I seen cause by the operator not understanding limits..common sense etc.

Like the old Fram oil filter ad.."You can pay me now or pay me later" ;)

/ Have you under bought and over work your equipment #4  
Oh Golly Sakes; I would never put my tractor to a task it is not rated for!:D

But I might just approach the task from a different perspective!:thumbsup:

/ Have you under bought and over work your equipment #5  
How often are the failures of equipment caused by over stress due to operator
judgement.
Quite often, and probably why there are so many conditions placed on warranties and why tractor manufacturers don't weld hooks on their buckets.