anyone pull a disc on their K2 series?

/ anyone pull a disc on their K2 series? #1  

myyaz33

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T273
Just wanted to check with other T233,T273,T293 owners and see if any of you have pulled a disc behind their machine? If so how well did it work and what size? Also what type of soil conditions?

/ anyone pull a disc on their K2 series? #2  
I think if you weight the light duty disc enough so it does any kind of a job, you will have trouble lifting it. If you could find a 5' disc that was a trailer type it might work for you.

/ anyone pull a disc on their K2 series? #3  
Just wanted to check with other T233,T273,T293 owners and see if any of you have pulled a disc behind their machine? If so how well did it work and what size? Also what type of soil conditions?

I have a 5 foot Leinbach that I use with my T2734. I have used it in clay and in sandy soil. The little disc does a good job. Now have AG tires on my tractor but I still have to run it in 4-wheel drive to pull the disc. I do not have fluid in my rear tires yet. Also,I plan on installing duels on the rear when I can get around to it.

/ anyone pull a disc on their K2 series? #4  
I too pull a 5' disc harrow with a T273. I do have to weigh it down with concrete blocks to get decent hard (clay) soil penetration, but it works reasonably well even in hardpan. I would say that Loaded tires and 4WD are really a must to get any traction when pulling through the heavy stuff.

Last edited:
   / anyone pull a disc on their K2 series? #5  
I have a 5 foot Leinbach that I use with my T2734. I have used it in clay and in sandy soil. The little disc does a good job. Now have AG tires on my tractor but I still have to run it in 4-wheel drive to pull the disc. I do not have fluid in my rear tires yet. Also,I plan on installing duels on the rear when I can get around to it.

I would like to see pics of your T273 with duals when you get them.

/ anyone pull a disc on their K2 series?
Thank for the reply's. My main reason for asking is this weekend I prepped 4 food plot areas at different locations using my KKII tiller. While it worked really well, it clearly takes a while. Was thinking the disc might speed things up. Also thought about scalping the vegetation then running the old "yard tool" on it. I really don't need to be going to the depths of the tiller if not necessary. Besides the tiller is tougher on fuel.

/ anyone pull a disc on their K2 series? #7  
I would like to see pics of your T273 with duals when you get them.

I will post some pics when I get around to putting them on. When I put the 12.4-16 R-1 tires on the rear I had to buy new wheels so I went ahead and got two sets. All I need to do now is make or buy a spacer and buy two new tires.

/ anyone pull a disc on their K2 series? #8  
Thank for the reply's. My main reason for asking is this weekend I prepped 4 food plot areas at different locations using my KKII tiller. While it worked really well, it clearly takes a while. Was thinking the disc might speed things up. Also thought about scalping the vegetation then running the old "yard tool" on it. I really don't need to be going to the depths of the tiller if not necessary. Besides the tiller is tougher on fuel.

A small disk will do just what you need. Food plots are what I use mine for. Make a few passes, spread the seed and make one more pass.
This is the disc I have(5'4") But I paid $350 for it used.
Tractor 3 Point Light Adjustable Disc Harrow B245
I never had to add extra weight to it, but in heavy clay you might.