273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges #1  

km-ri

Just dusted off the machine from winter and have run into some annoying issues, maybe someone can give some advise. I have a 273 with a factory backhoe, I am getting leaking from the hydraulics tank cap when using the BH. I had a severe problem last fall and switched the lines, this helped. I still get leaking from the cap breather hole. Anyone found a solution to this? It seams like a bad tank design to me.

Also have a new issue with my dash gauges, they quit working! I checked the fuse and it is fine. I also checked the fuse block and I have power. I hate to open the dash as I have to pull the steering wheel ( bad design again).

I am under warranty but my dealer will charge me pick and deliver charges so I am trying to resolve this myself if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks all.......

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges #3  
I have the same issue with my 233. I have switched the hoses also and still leaks. The dealer and supplyer both are aware of this issue. The supplier says there are not enough machines with the hoe attachment for them to change the design. Poor answer if you ask me. The high pressure fluid is being returned past the filler cap thereby leaking hydraulic fluid under pressure. Should have been designed with a baffel inside the unit to prevent this. I have owned my tractor for a little under a year and have had problems with the brake swithch failing, hydraulic hoses wearing due to another bad design. All in all I think they are poorly designed and once bought the company does not care whether we have to spend a fortune on hydraulic fluid.

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges
Thanks for the info. I contacted TYM and they do not have a fix as of this posting. They did request photos of the tank which I sent this eve. I will keep you updated if I hear anything.

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges #5  
hope you have beter luck with them than I have had.

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges #6  
I know this is a poor fix but maybe you could do what I did on my Jinma. The problem I had was when I was going up steep hills, say 35 deg or more, I would spew hydro fluid from the vent that is located in the fill cap on the rear of the tractor. It would make a mess.

What I did was drill and tap the cap/vent with a 1/4" barb fitting. I then attached about 2' or so of 1/4" clear hose and used a 1 liter water bottle, the large size sold at the gas stations, with a hole drilled in the cap and the hose stuck in about 3". It works great. I can see when fluid starts going in and when it gets about a quart in it I simply pour it back in the machine. It takes months to fill usually. I secured the bottle with 2 zip ties to my ROPS loosely so it can come in and out without cutting.

Chris

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges #7  
The problem with running a hose to a bottle is possible contamination of the fluid. The issue is more that TYM knows about this and wont fix it, as well as the fact that the supplier just dosnt return the calls. The dealer has been fantastic but as for TYM I really think they just want to flood the market with machines of low quality. Only my opinion.

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges #8  
Thanks for the info. I contacted TYM and they do not have a fix as of this posting. They did request photos of the tank which I sent this eve. I will keep you updated if I hear anything.

Do you have these photos posted somewhere on this site yet? I would like to see them as I have a BT200 backhoe but don't experience this issue. (that I know of!)

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges #9  
This issue is not on all tractors, only some of the 233,273 are doing it. I have emailed and caled right to the service manager in NC but no on knows what to do. He has also forwarded my email right to Korea and they do not want to deal with it. How do you expect to grow in a market when you dont want to deal with it is beyond me.

IMG00008-20100507-1127.jpg[/ATTACH]

/ 273 New/Old Issue Hydraulics and Gauges
Here are a few shots of my setup. Look like the other ones posted. No response yet from TYM - NC. I am not holding my breath. I am still waiting (2+ weeks) for my gauge cluster replacement. I chose this machine over a Kioti, now I am wondering if I made a wise decision. The machine runs pretty well but these issues are unacceptable for a machine this expensive.

On another note, does anyone have a layout of all the grease fitting locations. I keep finding ones everytime I search. The manual does not show most of them and I am worried a I am missing one or two?

Thanks all.....

Attachments

• CIMG0024.jpg
    CIMG0024.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 155
  • CIMG0028.jpg
    CIMG0028.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 141