233 questions

/ 233 questions #1  

drg1

Silver Member
Tractor
1532 hydro
looking at a 233 and was just curious for those that take the fel off. what do you do with the hyd lines that are hooked to the machine...Do you just tie them up? I see on the bota the quick disconect are mounted to the frame so no need to tie up the lines...also on a scale of 1-10 10=best how would you rate the tractor on reliabilty and performance..Thanks

/ 233 questions #3  
Reliability = 8

Performance = This really depends on the task..
Ground engaging attachments like disk and box blade with rippers down. I'd give mine a low rating with the R4 tires on it. Just not enough traction even with loaded rears.

Things like loader work and being able to get on soft lawns and rip out bushes without tearing the lawn up. I'd give it a 9. Backhoe is nice and has saved me a ton of shovel work.

/ 233 questions #4  
Id give mine an 8 as well. Agree with the tires. I wish the belly mower lifted higher. I have broken two rear casters and bent the front one. With the mower on stay on flat ground. but I can move 3 acres very quickly.
I keep a short piece of rope tied to around the taillight then when I take the loader off I just tie the hoses around the post. could probably fab something to hold them but not a big deal.

/ 233 questions #5  
My rating was so low due to the fact that I have had numerous issues with the machine. The brake switch failed, the front boots failed on the tie rods, the HST spews hydraulic fluid when using the back-hoe attachment with no resolve yet. The machine is 9 months old. Other than that the fel has done all I asked of it. And the rear blade moved a lot of snow this winter.

/ 233 questions
sorry to hear about your tractor problems,thats why I posted the thread to hear all the good bad and ugly...keep-em coming:thumbsup:

/ 233 questions #7  
My rating was so low due to the fact that I have had numerous issues with the machine. The brake switch failed, the front boots failed on the tie rods, the HST spews hydraulic fluid when using the back-hoe attachment with no resolve yet. The machine is 9 months old. Other than that the fel has done all I asked of it. And the rear blade moved a lot of snow this winter.

I am a Mahindra and TYM dealer in Batavia, and I don't like to hear that you are having trouble with your T233. Let me know if I can help you out with some of your problems. If the tie rod boot problem hasn't been resolved I believe I have some better quality boots that will fit them. Also let me know about the hydraulic fluid problem and I will try to get you some answers. I have a 293 out with a backhoe and there hasn't been any such problem with it, the customer says he is very happy with it. Let me know if I can help.

/ 233 questions #8  
Galin,

It is nice to see an active dealer reading these posts. I have sent my dealer in RI and the national service manager (Ken) this link but I have not seen any response to user concerns. I suffer the hydraulic issue as well. It was erally bad initially but the hoses to the BH were reversed and the return line was on top and the volume caused the flow to leak out of the breather hole in the cap. I plugged it and the fluid came out of the breather tube. I took it in and had the the dealer look at it, they were perplexed. I recmmended switching the hoses based on a thread on this forumn. It helped but it still leaks from the hole. The resivoir/control has a bad design, as someone noted a baffle should have been integrated into the vessel. I hope they come up with a fix. The machine is a tough little machine and TYM can really grab some market share in this small tractor market but they need to address issues at a dealer as well as a dstributor level. maybe they will listen to you. Please keep in touch with the users, dealer comments give us hope.

/ 233 questions #9  
Galin,

It is nice to see an active dealer reading these posts. I have sent my dealer in RI and the national service manager (Ken) this link but I have not seen any response to user concerns. I suffer the hydraulic issue as well. It was erally bad initially but the hoses to the BH were reversed and the return line was on top and the volume caused the flow to leak out of the breather hole in the cap. I plugged it and the fluid came out of the breather tube. I took it in and had the the dealer look at it, they were perplexed. I recmmended switching the hoses based on a thread on this forumn. It helped but it still leaks from the hole. The resivoir/control has a bad design, as someone noted a baffle should have been integrated into the vessel. I hope they come up with a fix. The machine is a tough little machine and TYM can really grab some market share in this small tractor market but they need to address issues at a dealer as well as a dstributor level. maybe they will listen to you. Please keep in touch with the users, dealer comments give us hope.

I was just wondering if you were to drill a hole in the fill cap and loop the vent hose into the fill cap, put a T into the top of the vent hose and run a hose from that. I wonder if the fluid would return to the tank and still vent air out of the T hose. I don't know if this would do the trick but it might. If it doesn't we have risked nothing but a fill cap.

/ 233 questions #10  
My dealer has also been very helpful. Currently Ken from NC and my dealer in Orchard Park are looking at changing the control valve to the backhoe to a low return pressure one to see if this resolves the issue of hydraulic fluid spewing out. I have also let them know that the dif-lock is not working and that will have to be tested when they change the valve. I am not sure how a low pressure return will affect the backhoe but I am willing to give it a try. The boots, and the brake switch I replaced myself, after the dealer got them in for me. I dont feel that the dealer should have to deal with all the issues that this tractor has had. Of more concern is the fact that TYM Corporate in Korea wont deal with the issues. I am not about to give up and I want all issues delt with or a new tractor that doesnt have these issues. We pay a lot of money for these units and we should not have to deal with all these issues. Hydraulic fluid has ruined my garage floor, and I have tons of work that I cant get done until the tractor is fixed.