Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    T233

Default Re: 233 questions

I can't find a dealer within 100 miles and TYM's dealer located is not up to date.

My T233 has served me well for my needs thus far but there are some issues with the machine. My exhaust welds have failed like others yet I am having difficulty getting this resolved without pulling it off and getting it welded somewhere.

Differential lock does not like being locked. I have only been able to lock it once in 15 hours of use.

Want to go with oversize tires but can't use turf tires and I am almost at the end of my rope on this.

Cruise control switch will not click so I think that is why cruise will not work unless I hold the switch. Still have not been able to find a replacement switch.

T233 had 172 hours on her when I purchased her. She now has 189 hours on her so I only have 17 hours worth of work done thus far.

Love the tractor but the little things knaw at me.

Over all, this thing gets an 8 for use and 5 for reliability.

Doug
    Firefitr@cxp.com

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by DJFireUSA
    I can't find a dealer within 100 miles and TYM's dealer located is not up to date.

My T233 has served me well for my needs thus far but there are some issues with the machine. My exhaust welds have failed like others yet I am having difficulty getting this resolved without pulling it off and getting it welded somewhere.

Differential lock does not like being locked. I have only been able to lock it once in 15 hours of use.

Want to go with oversize tires but can't use turf tires and I am almost at the end of my rope on this.

Cruise control switch will not click so I think that is why cruise will not work unless I hold the switch. Still have not been able to find a replacement switch.

T233 had 172 hours on her when I purchased her. She now has 189 hours on her so I only have 17 hours worth of work done thus far.

Love the tractor but the little things knaw at me.

Over all, this thing gets an 8 for use and 5 for reliability.

Doug
    Firefitr@cxp.com
    I have a mahindra, but in mahindra forum, the diff lock was an issue, too. If yours is like mine, its a bit quirky. If u search recent mahindra posts the suggestions there may be helpful. I think daves tractor and Galin also offered suggestions.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke*

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TYM T330HST, some antique tractors , Bob-Cat zero turn mower

You muffler issue should be covered under warranty if the time isnt up yet. I know of a couple tractors that had the cracking problem and they were both covered. The new replacement one has a brace under the muffler from the inlet to the starting of the exhaust pipe. For larger tires the T293 is the same chasis and it has larger tires. That would be the set to get as it will all match up. The bigest diference between the T233 and T293 is tire size and engine size. The other diferences are very minor. The cruise control is turning on a electric magnet by the forward hst pedal. It wouldnt hurt to look at it as the problem could be as simple as a corroded end on a wire or a bad fuse.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    T233

Cruise works as long as I hold the button down. Just as soon as I release, the cruise goes off.

Somebody helped me clean up a bit and now nobody knows where the key to the tractor is so I may need to replace the durn key lock now.... hmmfffff

Tractor
    TYM 233

Donot replace the lock just order a new key ,the keys are generic

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    T233

Found the key

Spoke with TYM Corporate... they said the local dealer would be calling me to order the parts I needed.

Nothing ever happened after that. Still do not have an owner's manual.

Tractor
    Tym 233

How do you get a Service Manual for this Tym 233?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    T233

Still no answer from TYM.

Ended up buying the redesigned exhaust and updated boots for ball joints from 3rd party supplier. Not cheap. hmmfff

Still no service manual or owner's manual hmmfff

Tractor
    TYM 293HST with TX2000 FEL

A while ago I downloaded from the internet a t233 and t273 service manual,if you send me an e-mail address I can try to e-mail you the manual,it is 11.5mb pdf file.Ended up buying a t293.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12