TYM 233 Lemon

/ TYM 233 Lemon
Not sure how they are going to reduce the pressure. The Whole cover plate in the top is going to be replaced with re-routed lines. The issue of the hydraulic fluid is most definatelt a design flaw. The flaw is in the filler cap itself. look at how the cap sits on the machine. You will see a slot in the cap and on the opposit side the hole for air. When the cap is installed no matter how you do it the slot lines up with the incomming pressure return. The cap has to be turned a full 180 degrees for the issue of the hydraulic fluid to not leak, but no matter how you install it, it always lines up the wron way. It has to be shimmed with gaskets to get the 180 degree turn needed. the only problem with this is that you have very little thread left to tighten after shimming.

/ TYM 233 Lemon #12  
..design flaw in the unit.[/QUOTE said:
Well, my 273 bh has never done this, and I gather from other post here that several owners don't have the problem either. So a design flaw is a bit of a stretch. Perhaps poor construction or implementation of the system as designed, but a flaw would be universal I would think. Someone mentioned a possible cause being over filling of the hydro fluid. I know that when I changed my hydro fluid at service, the site window didn't show full for a long time. Perhaps someone did over fill it.
I hope you get it figured out. It would be nice to know what is going on for future reference.
Good luck.

/ TYM 233 Lemon
The fluid has not been overfilled as I have drained and filled it myself. The problem is in the design of the cap and the treading on the unit itself and the way the cap lines up with the incomming high pressure fluid.

/ TYM 233 Lemon #14  
I agree, I feel it is a design issue. I have removed the cap and monitored the fliud flow and it is routed high in the resivoie and hits the filler cap when it is in place. The fluid comes in under fairly high pressure. I switched the lines and it did help a bit. It seems to me if they made a deeper cover and placed the lines down low it would resolve the issue. Since it was mentioned (overfilling the fluid) what is the proper position for all the hydraulic attachments (bh and fel) when checking the sight gauge? I topped off mine today and had the fel down and bh tucked up and stabilizers up. After a few hours use I noticed a larger than normal dripping of hydraulic fluid. I sure wish this could be resolved it is a pain and made a mess of my driveway today.....

/ TYM 233 Lemon
I totally understand how you feel about your driveway. My garage floor has been stained beyond repair because of this issue. The dealer is fantastic, but the company itself leaves a lot to be desired as they do not want to deal with the issue. I shimmed the cap to make sure the slot that leads to the breather hole is 180 degrees from the high pressure return and this has stopped most of the hydraulic fluid from leaking out. Still does not resolve the fact that their poor design ruined my garage floor with all the hydraulic fluid that leaked out. I hope people look real hard at this company and these posts before they think of buying a TYM.

/ TYM 233 Lemon #16  
Honorbound,

I've seen this happen in different kinds of equipment.....Too much velocity/aggitation and return flow in tank is not diverted below tank level (to reduce spitting in tank)......

Sometimes return hose and/or fitting at tank is too small, and no baffle in tank to reduce this.....

Is the reservoir in the transmission or a separate tank..?

/ TYM 233 Lemon
Transmission is the reservoir and there is no baffle inside of it. The return is under high pressure and to high in the tank, all of which TYM is aware of as my machine is not the only one that has done this.