TYM 233 Lemon

/ TYM 233 Lemon #1  

honorbound

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 3200HSD
Well what next can go wrong with this brand of tractor. My tractor is only 9 months old and I have had to remanufacture the hood latch (to stop the hood from popping open all the time), replace the faulty brake switch, replace faulty tie-rod boots, replace the safety decals that peeled off of the backhoe, and have hydraulic fluid leak out of the filler cap when the backhoe is used. Now the cruise control isnt working and one of the hydraulic hoses for the stabilizers is starting to split. What ever happened to a quality machine because this brand just isnt measuring up. I dont mean to be negative but enough is enough. In 9 short months, for a machine that is not abused I have had way too many failures. I know I am sounding off and I am sorry to do so but maybe if this company sees this post they will change how they do business and start building a better quality machine. Untill then I dont recomend this brand of tractor to anyone. Is it just me or are other people having problems with their machines, or am I the only one that seems to have a lemon.:mad:

/ TYM 233 Lemon #2  
Did you buy it from an internet dealer with no physical address?:confused:

A tractor, motor home, etc can have ton of nick nacks to work through when new. A $300K MH can take a couple years some report.

Nothing about yours sounds like a "lemon" by the way.

/ TYM 233 Lemon
My dealer has been fantastic, the hydraulic issue is ongoing as it does not leak, it spews out the cap when using the backhoe, and minor issues are one thing but all these issues are quite a bit for a new machine. as for the cruise control it looks like it is in the wiring harness. Relays are good, switch is good.

/ TYM 233 Lemon #4  
That is good you have a dealer taking care of you.

I only know of two reasons oil over flows. They are the system is over full and when it expands it comes out or you have air in the system that is not bleeding out at the correct point.

Hopefully others will have the same set up and can tell you if it is a design flaw.

/ TYM 233 Lemon
Been down this road. The company already knows it is a design flaw.

/ TYM 233 Lemon #6  
Honorbound,

Did you get it from a local dealer? Being close to a dealer has its benny's. I had some problems with my T330 Gear TLB --loader control freezing in winter, hydro drip off FEL fitting at frame area, stripped out threads on loader subframe going thru frame into engine..My dealer picked it up fixed everything and then dropped it back off within a week.
If your dealer gets yours all those small things should be corrected while he has it--they really aren't too bad just time consuming on getting straight and something a dealer should be all over to make a happy customer who will recommend others to him.

I love my TYM.

Good Luck
Grut

/ TYM 233 Lemon
Dealer is picking it up next week. The cruise seems to be in the wiring harness. The leaking fluid no one knows how to fix, a problem on the machines with the backhoe..design flaw in the unit.

/ TYM 233 Lemon #8  
Dealer is picking it up next week. The cruise seems to be in the wiring harness. The leaking fluid no one knows how to fix, a problem on the machines with the backhoe..design flaw in the unit.

I best someone does. :D

/ TYM 233 Lemon
After hours of troubleshooting and going over the prints with a fine tooth comb, the cruise is working on and off. The problem is in the brake switch, again. The first one failed and now the new one is acting up. The left rear brake light is out, the light came loose and melted the holder and the bulb broke and was shorting out, which might have caused this switch to fail. Need a new rear brake light fixture. The hydraulic problem continues, and I will keep you updated on if the fix works. What they want to do is change the return to a low pressure. The only draw back to this is I will not be able to use a hydraulicly controlled blade for snow removal, only a manual one.
Egad I am starting to get perturbed.

/ TYM 233 Lemon #10  
If they put in a pressure reducer won't that impact the BH response? I have the same problem and have reported in numerous posts in this forum as well as to TYM in NC. If they do put a reducer in place why would that cause an issue with a blade control. I am planning on adding a slow blade this year (I have the unit, old meyers plow) I was going to control the tilt using the rear hydraulics, maybe even one of the BH levers. It is a bit of a reach but I wouldn't switch much and it is free (no additional controls or aux. connection).