Where can I buy a HST Oil Filter for 273

/ Where can I buy a HST Oil Filter for 273 #1  

august1958

Tractor
TYM 273 & Ford 8N
Via this website I've been able to find where I can purchase the air and oil filters for my TYM 273 but have yet to find similar info for the HST oil filter. Can someone enlighten me?

From one thread I was able to get TYM's part number but so far, haven't had any luck cross-referencing it to a WIX or other manufacturer's filter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

August

/ Where can I buy a HST Oil Filter for 273 #2  
Via this website I've been able to find where I can purchase the air and oil filters for my TYM 273 but have yet to find similar info for the HST oil filter. Can someone enlighten me?

From one thread I was able to get TYM's part number but so far, haven't had any luck cross-referencing it to a WIX or other manufacturer's filter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

August

Don't feel bad about not finding a generic X-reference, as these are rare for HST filters. Most folks bite the bullet and always buy their OEM dealer HST filter and for good reason. Peace of mind. If the operation and performance is not identical, there are just too many issues. Why bother for a filter one only changes every few years.

/ Where can I buy a HST Oil Filter for 273
Thank you friend. Sound advice but my dealer is about 80 miles away so I was hoping I could pick it up locally. I'm at my 50 hour service inteval and thought while I was out picking up the oil filter, I could get the HST filter while I was in town. Thanks again, August

/ Where can I buy a HST Oil Filter for 273 #4  
Thank you friend. Sound advice but my dealer is about 80 miles away so I was hoping I could pick it up locally. I'm at my 50 hour service inteval and thought while I was out picking up the oil filter, I could get the HST filter while I was in town. Thanks again, August

No problem. The fluid in the trans may be at 50 hours, but I'd still rather have the real McCoy at 55 hours. Also, give that dealer a call. For the $5 shipping? You can't drive over there and back for that kind of money. Probably be at your place in 2 days.

/ Where can I buy a HST Oil Filter for 273 #5  
My 233 takes a wix 51586 hst filter.273 should be the same.
Steve:thumbsup:

/ Where can I buy a HST Oil Filter for 273 #6  
do not use any filter than a tym hst filter if you look down the centre of the tym filter it has a hugh by pass valve in case the filter blocks where as others that will fit eg baldwin dont and may lead to transmission damage as the old saying says oil and filters are cheap try buying a transmission and fitting it and see how much that will cost