New TYM 353 owner/operator

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #1  

Rjoew

Tractor
TYM 353
Well hello all!
I am the proud owner of a TYM 353 shuttle shift and am enjoying it to the max. I picked it on May 26, 2010 and have a little over 107 hours on it with no problems. I did the 50 hour service myself and found it to be easy and the service manual I picked up seems to cover everything I feel would ever need to do to it.

I chose the shuttle shift over the hydrostat as I will be doing most of the service and repairs on the tractor and I guess I am just more comfortable with it.

Compared to my old 58 Massy model 50 it is like operating a Cadillac. It is smooth and easy to operate and the controls are easy to reach.

My main use will be on my property I have 10 acres in north Idaho and in a Snow Belt area. So far the hours I have put on it have been working on my drive way getting it ready for winter. I have a gravel pit on one corner of the place so I have been using the bucket to dig out pit run and a back blade and a box blade to smooth it out and crown it. This winter I will use to push snow and keep my place clean.

If anybody is looking for a tractor of this size and horse power I do recommend it.

Randee

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #2  
Hi Randee,
Congratulations on your new TYM 353. Speaking of transmissions for years I operated a TO30 Ferguson and an Allis Chalmers WD45, these newer shuttle shift tractors are quite a leap forward.

Al

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #3  
Randee,
I also just purchased a T353 but I went with the HST. I am also in North Idaho off of Hwy 97 towards Harrison, did you get yours thru Jordan? Where did you get a service manual as I also will be doing most of my own service. I don't have a trailer to transport with. I look forward to sharing my T353 experiences with another owner.

Joe

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator
Sorry for the delay in my reply but I work nights so I do not get to read the forum until I get home.

Yes, I got it at Jordan Sales and Service and if you give them a call they can get you a manual. They are not cheap! I do not remember the exact price but it was like $90 for the manual and $55 for the parts list but the last I heard they where 6 month out for the next reprint. But please give them a call as this was a few months ago and I was after the shuttle shift not the HST. There was also talk of other manual formats in the works like CD but I do not know if it got aproved. They are not cheap but very detailed and I think I paid about the same for several motorcycle shop manuals as well so they are not too far out of the norm.

I live north of Coeur d Alene and like you I do not have a rig to haul it to the shop either. I have done maintenance/mechanic work most of my life so I get shop manuals for most of my stuff and do my own repairs. I will admit this is the newest Tractor I have ever owned so it has a lot more electronic switches and valves controlling things like the PTO clutch. They make it easier to turn on and off but could mean more to go wrong. Not that it ever will go wrong it is just more to learn.

I added a tooth bar to my bucket after a month of using the tractor and it made a big difference in my hard pack dirt/gravel. I also have a old 7 ft rear blade I use for snow and road work and a 5 ft box blade I picked up with the tractor to smooth and level the road to my place. I will add to my attachment collection as time and money will permit.

Randee

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #5  
Randee and Joe Congrats on the new addition.
Very nice tractor. Having a service manual is the only way to go, too bad you guy couldn't have found a free online linked one, I did but my machine is deiscontinued now. Any of you guys get a back hoe also? I know they changed the mounting so it sits a little higher in the rear compared to my T330.
How do guys like the 4 cylinder? It was supposed to be smooth and powerful.

Good luck and have fun with your purchases!
Grut

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #6  
Randee,
Thanks for the info, I will give Terry a call and ask about the manual. I will give him a few days to settle down after the fair, I stopped by his display and said hi. I did not get a tooth bar as I don't see too much digging in my future but I am using the heck out of the fork attachment. It is a great way to move logs around as that is one of my main activities. Keep in touch.

Joe

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #7  
Just picked up my 353 this week. It had .8 hrs when I got it home, and today I put 5 more on it. I almost bought the 293 HST, but my wife told me to get what I thought would do the job (clearing some land, a pond and a creekbed), and then said she would not say anything about the price. So, I stepped up to the 353. What a great machine!! It sure beats the Mitsubishi D2050 2WD I had.

Terry

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #8  
Congratulations to you T37ES, post a couple of photos of your new baby if you get a chance.

Al

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #9  
Congratulations on your new machine, make sure to post some pics :thumbsup:

/ New TYM 353 owner/operator #10  
T37E3,

You were blessed with a good wife. I am lucky to have my wife! She told me the same thing when I was originally looking at the T233 TLB and T273 TLB. She said, "You get what you think will do the jobs you want to do and I don't want you complaining in a year from now that the 2k series is too small of a machine." Got a T330 Gear TLB with toothbar, and thumb.
Cheers to good women and good beer:),
Grut