Tym 293 HST with factory cab

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #1  

DanielM

Tractor
TYM 293 HST
Hi,

I bought a few months ago my first tractor, a tym 293. I would like to know if it's normal that's the hydrostatic is very noisy?

I try to buy a rear wiper attachment for this factory cab and the dealer said that the compagny doesn't have this parts...is it normal, or did you know where I can buy this parts.

Thank you I appreciate your'e help.

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #2  
Before I bought I tried out several cab tractors of different brands and none were what I would call even close to being quiet inside say compared to a car or truck, diesel engines compared to gas are not inherently quiet either. The fact of the matter is tractor cabs are mostly glass with clear all around vision being paramount, no place to put effective sound insulation.

As for the wiper I do not know if all cab models have a rear wiper, I can tell you that that my 433 has a rear wiper.

Al

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Hi, I understand that it is normal that the hydrostatic is very noisy... I just tought that it is not normal. It is very noisy.

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #4  
A wiper is just a 12 volt motor and wiper arm. Order one from anyone who sells them. Drill holes to match and wire up a switch. Some tractors have them standard while others dont. My LS has front and rear wipers with washers on both units, my BIL NH doesnt have the rear. I guess some folks think you dont need to see behind you.

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab
Yes, here in New-Brunswick Canada, the snow storm is coming very fast... and the rear window need a wiper to see the blower I guest... :)

Thanks

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #6  
DanielM said:
Yes, here in New-Brunswick Canada, the snow storm is coming very fast... and the rear window need a wiper to see the blower I guest... :)

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Have you been able to find a rear wiper for your tym cab? I've just took delevery of my new Tym 273 with a rear snowblower and I realized I will probably need a rear wiper also. Checked with the dealer but he didn't get back to me yet.

Tks

Marcel

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #7  
Well, how is the cab in snow?

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #8  
Hello, you probably don't ask this question to me but since I also have a Tym 273 with a cab, Hope you don't mind I pitch in my comments.

The cab is really great in the snow. I had the chance to use it about 6 times already this winter. The large glass areas are really nice because you see everything around you. The heat in the cab works good, almost too good. I have to turn it off after a few minutes because it gets too warm. My only problem is the fog that comes up insidde the cab glass. I have to crack open one window to let a little bit of fresh air to come in to slow down the condensation and I have to wipe it once in a while. Not really a big deal. The only thing I have to do now is finish installing my rear wiper because blowing snow during a storm with no rear wiper is not fun at all. I don't understant someone who sells a tractor with a cab and rear snowblower but doesn't tell you you need a wiper. Te salesman is not doing it's job correctly when they do this. I have to say I'm a little bit disapointed with the distance the snowblower throws snow. It's my first tractor so I have nothing to compare it to except my honda snowblower. My honda is throwing snow twice as far as my new tractor. I understand there's a lot less snow to throw from a small walk behind blower than a tractor one but I was expecting a little better.

Bye.

Marcel

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #9  
CrazyTYM,
My experience with my cab is similar, the heater provides plenty of heat the problem is directing it to all that glass to prevent fogging in some areas. Mine seems to fog on the back window mostly, I have a roll of paper towels in the cab and just wipe the window off if there is any condensation. I was thinking of mounting a small fan like they have on a Bus or big trucks to get a bit better circulation might help. Another thing I might try, there is a glass cleaner that is supposed to help combat window fogging, that might do the trick.

As for the snowblower I would think if you are getting your engine's RPMs up to where your PTO is hitting the 540 rev mark your blower should be throwing the snow a decent distance.

Al

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #10  
Yep, PTO turning ar recommended speed. But when you used a Honda snowblower, you're kind of spoiled as far as throwing distance. My problem with my honda was that it is a lag type and it is really physical to operate and turn. My driveway is pretty big and oddly shaped so I needed to do a lot of turning and it was killing my back. That's the main reason I got the Tym. Of course the honda was only clearing 28 inches wide compared to 60 inches for my Tym. That's a lot more snow to manage for the Tym so it might explain the difference in distance throwing. I'd say I can throw snow at about 25-30 feet away with the Honda and the Tym can do about half of that. Since The tractor is doing the hard work and not me, I don't really mind having to blow the snow twice because it doesn't reach the sides of my driveway. At 27 horse power, it's probably all I can ask of the Tym. I just finished installing my rear wiper last night. Only need to put back the roof on the cab and I'll be able to try it tomorow morning since we're expecting some new snow. Can't wait to see if I did a good job.

Later.

Marcel