TYM 233 Block heater?

/ TYM 233 Block heater? #1  

treefireguy

Tractor
Kubota 2301
Hi folks.. I am wondering if anyone has a block heater, or knows of a block heater part number that can be put onto a TYM 233. I am fairly new to owning a diesel tractor , and am in the middle of a blizzard and my TYM is not starting at all. I tried this morning and think I killed it. I soooo need a heated barn, yes, but in the meantime a block heater will do.

/ TYM 233 Block heater? #2  
My dealer ordered me a block heater would not even come close to fitting , had to settle for a lower rad hose heater from nappa 1 1/4 in works great and cost was $30.00 good luck with finding a block heater

/ TYM 233 Block heater?
Thanks for the info... will try that.

/ TYM 233 Block heater? #4  
There have been a bunch of threads about cold starting diesel tractors, the number one cause for not starting is the fuel gelling and not flowing, usually right at your fuel filter.

Most guys here recommend an additive called "Power Service" to mix with your fuel, it comes in two formulas, one is in a gray colored container and the other in white. The stuff in the white bottle is what you want for winter. Walmart and TSC stores carry it.

I have been using it and have had no problems starting up on some pretty cold days.

Al

/ TYM 233 Block heater? #5  
I have a lower radiator heater installed on my 273 and it makes all the difference when seeing the temps we are seeing this week. If it is below 10F, I turn on the heater for about 20 minutes before I crank it.

I don't use any fuel additive but thought about trying it to experiment a little bit. Another thing to think about is how good and charged your battery is. I am on the original one and would guess it needs replaced soon.

/ TYM 233 Block heater?
Well, my dealer says the only thing available is the lower radiator heator, which of course is not in stock. I tried NAPA, AutoZone, Checker... nobody. Anyone with a TYM 233 know if it is an 1-3/8" for sure before I order one online somewhere?

/ TYM 233 Block heater? #7  
I use a KATS 1 1/4" lower radiator hose heater for my customers. There isn't any soft plugs on those engines so i don't belive you will find a block heater for it.

/ TYM 233 Block heater? #8  
Hi folks.. I am wondering if anyone has a block heater, or knows of a block heater part number that can be put onto a TYM 233. I am fairly new to owning a diesel tractor , and am in the middle of a blizzard and my TYM is not starting at all. I tried this morning and think I killed it. I soooo need a heated barn, yes, but in the meantime a block heater will do.

mine is two years old. Only had trouble starting one morning. I set a turbo heater next to the right side of the tractor for about five minutes,then she cranked right up.

/ TYM 233 Block heater?
Just ordered several Kat's warming devices. A battery wrap, radiator hose heater, magnetic heater, and small pad heater. Now the big question... did I damage the tractor trying to start it in the super cold last week. (At one point my place was neg 34). And yes, sadly, I tried to start it at about neg 20 or so. Not smart.

/ TYM 233 Block heater? #10  
Just ordered several Kat's warming devices. A battery wrap, radiator hose heater, magnetic heater, and small pad heater. Now the big question... did I damage the tractor trying to start it in the super cold last week. (At one point my place was neg 34). And yes, sadly, I tried to start it at about neg 20 or so. Not smart.

You'll be fine.