293 MMM

/ 293 MMM #1  

junkfxr

I've been looking real seriously at a 293 cab tractor with mmm and FEL. My closest dealer carries a lot of TYM models but isn't real knowledgeable about most things on these tractors. Does anyone know how much trouble it is to remove and reinstall the mid mount mower. I've recently discovered some new allergies and sinus problems that are going to require me to mow grass with a cab tractor. The tractor will be used for a lot more than mowing and the deck really needs to come off for everything but mowing around here. Also, does anyone know who makes the hydrostat units for these tractors? Do they make their own or is it outsourced to Sunstrand, Eaton, or somebody else? Thanks in advance for any input.

/ 293 MMM #2  
Hi,
I'm not quite sure, if my information helps you, because in Europe, here we sell a little bit different units from American version of TYM tractors.
The most important think about the mover is, if it is original TYM production or some local production. TYM factory has two types of mower for T293 called TMB60SH (side discharge) and TMB60RH (rear discharge). It takes about 20 minutes to disconnect it if you have some experience. It's needed to remove pins from hydraulic cylinders, unscrew the front coupling point, remove pins from rear wheels and turn them to be able to drive with the mover out. Last think is just to disconnect driving shaft and hydraulic hoses.
But if you plan to buy the original TYM mover be careful about following troubles.
Because the frame of the tractor isn't so much under the ground, it is almost impossible to set the cutting high of mower to more than 5 cm. It is not much. Also the cutting unit isn't really made to cut high grass. My friend from US said that "it is just for a final trim".
Also we had a lot of problems with burning belts on our mowers. Finally we had to update them with new pulleys and belts to solve this problem.
Here in Europe our customers mostly buy German production mower called Matev. They invented their mover for the JCB 323 tractor (same machine as TYM T273) and it works really well. I think it's one of the best mower for TYM tractor, but price is logically double. :)

According to HST unit, I cannot tell you really sure, but the European version has the HST unit from TYM. But it doesn't mean it is the TYM construction. Most of the parts inside TYM tractors are based on Japanese production (comes from Kubota, Iseki, Yanmar a.s.o.) but they are produced by TYM or by their supplier's in Korea and China. But the fact is that the HST unit has just the TYM part number in parts catalogue.

Hope it help's and sorry for my English.

/ 293 MMM #3  
If it were me and I would have to be mowing in the hot summer, I'd sure want AC. That rules out the 293 in my mind and would be looking at something a bit bigger.

/ 293 MMM
If it were me and I would have to be mowing in the hot summer, I'd sure want AC. That rules out the 293 in my mind and would be looking at something a bit bigger.

Yep, a bigger tractor sure would be nice but the reason that I'm looking at TYM is because of the price. To get a cab tractor with A/C, you're talking
$30k+ and I just can't do that. I stopped at our local MF dealer Friday morning and looked at a 33 hp cab tractor with A/C and a loader, $31,000. Then add a mid pto and mower and it's probably $34,000 or more. Another reason that I'm looking at them is because of the lack of electronics. I work on a lot of heavy and farm equipment and the biggest problems with all of them are usually some type of electronic problems. The 20 and 30 year old tractors, the all mechanical ones, around here just keep on getting up and going.

/ 293 MMM #5  
Yep, a bigger tractor sure would be nice but the reason that I'm looking at TYM is because of the price. To get a cab tractor with A/C, you're talking
$30k+ and I just can't do that. I stopped at our local MF dealer Friday morning and looked at a 33 hp cab tractor with A/C and a loader, $31,000. Then add a mid pto and mower and it's probably $34,000 or more. Another reason that I'm looking at them is because of the lack of electronics. I work on a lot of heavy and farm equipment and the biggest problems with all of them are usually some type of electronic problems. The 20 and 30 year old tractors, the all mechanical ones, around here just keep on getting up and going.

I hear ya. My thinking was along the lines of something used like this.
KUBOTA B3030 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com
OR
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6005421