Help....New 293

/ Help....New 293 #1  

MarkSorrells

Tractor
TYM 293
Hi everyone,
I just bought a TYM 293 and have put a couple of hours on it. My son and I just started it to move the fel then turned it off. A couple of minutes later my son tried to restart it and there was a loud click under the hood....then it wouldn't start. I checked all the fuses in the box and they were fine....anybody got any other ideas? Thanks,
Mark Sorrells
Charleston, WV

/ Help....New 293 #2  
Maybe the brake was not all the way depressed when ignition turned,safety seat switch, starter, solenoid, relay, loose terminal. I would start with battery and redo the terminals, then move the starter wiring and redo or check those terminals and check the fuseable link.
Do you have accessories when the key is not turned all the way to start position? Lights working? Glow plugs lighting?

/ Help....New 293
Grut,
Thanks for your advise. I went back out to go over the things you mentioned and noticed when I turned on the ignition, I noticed the pto button was a bright green. Pushed it in and turned it off and the tractor started right up. Glad that's all it was....thanks again for your help
Mark

/ Help....New 293 #4  
I forgot about the PTO, never even used mine yet seeing I have a back hoe and box blade.
Happy it was something simple for you.
Have fun with it.