T293 4WD?

/ T293 4WD? #1  

MarkSorrells

Tractor
TYM 293
Hi,
Has anyone else out there had trouble getting their new tractor into 4WV. I feel like I'm about to break the shift lever to get it to ingage......
Thanks,
Mark Sorrells

/ T293 4WD? #2  
Might want to try to move it a little bit forward if it seems hard engaging, it should be easy to move the lever. I know my T330 gear tranny is that way.

/ T293 4WD? #3  
Hi,
Has anyone else out there had trouble getting their new tractor into 4WV. I feel like I'm about to break the shift lever to get it to ingage......
Thanks,
Mark Sorrells

Make sure all of the 4WD lever linkage joints are well lubed, and other than that try to shift it in when the tractor is just moving slightly.

/ T293 4WD? #4  
yes, I had the exact same problem with my 293. It started as being a little difficult to shift, progressing to impossible. I could easily engage the 4wd from below, bypassing the linkage and moving the part attached to the trans axle. My dealer said it was in the hydraulic unit and decribed how I could remove the linkage and sand paper it smooth to aid in shifting. About that time I broke a hydraulic hose and lost all of the fluid, so I trailered it to the dealer and he fixed everything.

/ T293 4WD?
In April I applied WD40 to all of the linkages associated with the 4WD lever. Now it works better and easier that any other of the shifters!!