TYM T390

/ TYM T390 #1  

Kernow

I have sold my faithful Yanmar YM186D as I need something more powerful and a bit more operator frierndly, flat floor etc.

I have found a 2002 TYM T390 with 1140 miles on it, has hydrostatic transmission.

Previously used by a company who create and maintain grass areas for leisure use, golf courses, cricket pitches etc.

They mainly used it with a seed drill to plant grass seed so had a relatively easy life with only 3 months use a year. rest of the time barn stored with little use.

Starts easily, runs quiet and drives like a dream.

Is there anything that I should be aware of ?

/ TYM T390 #2  
Hi, I just bought a T293 and so far, I'm very pleased with it. If you read some of the "back" forums here and through google search, there seemed to be a lot of problems with the older TYM tractors......remember you get what you pay for!!

/ TYM T390 #4  
I have a t390 with about 400 hours. It has been. A great tractor
I originally was looking for something smaller(like a small kabuta). however I'm very happy with this large folate tractor. It is capable of a lot of work. If the tractor your interested is in good shape I think that you will be happy with it.

/ TYM T390 #5  
Is that 1140._ hours or is it 114.0 hours. If it is the later that tractor isnt even broken in yet. If it is over 1,000 hours that still is good. I have the next size smaller which is the T330hst and love it. I have almost 400 hours on it. The only repairs I have done on it is to reseal the trans oil level sight glass and one broken bolt on the loader. The loader is a Ansung which is not as heavy as what they use today but it does all that I need it to do. I hope to add one of the new T503 hst's to my collection in the next year or two. If the tractor is in good shape and the right size for your jobs you should be happy with it.

/ TYM T390 #6  
I also have TYM330 HST. I also had leaking sight on the transmission. Took less than 5 minutes to replace with new one. My tractor has over 400 hours. 80% box blading and front loader work, the rest bushhogging.

/ TYM T390 #9  
Extreme brush hogging is a good title lol.

Al

/ TYM T390
Did you buy it?

I certainly did, it arrived Friday.

It is a very different beast to my last two compacts, which were Yanmar YM186D.

Whereas my small flail mower would slow down the tractor to near stall in the rough stuff this beast just chews through it all without any struggle.

One thing that does puzzle me is the two levers inboard of the 3 point linkage operating control and draft control.

In the TYM operators manual these are described as "Exterior hydraulic Lever (Optional) - the accompanying drawing labels them A and B.

The next part describes the "Remote hydraulic control valve coupler" - which are also labelled A and B.

What puzzles me is do these levers affect the flow of fluid to/from the hydraulic couplers ?

I need to operate a log splitter off these guys and do not need these levers to do anything.

Also does anyone know which hydraulic coupler is fluid out and which is return ?

Sorry for the dumb @ss questions........

Thanks all