Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time?

/ Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time? #1  

Grut

Silver Member
Just wondering guys: Have any of you had you're TYM in the shop for 4 months? Yup 4 months it has been there just sitting, no work is even being done to it. I keep hearing from the dealer that the part are ordered. Last update I got was 3 weeks ago stating that parts are on their way and he would have it back to me in 2 weeks. Yes I gave him some extra time but now I am done. I was in there today and he said he has not received any parts yet. I emailed Ken yesterday and left him a phone message today with no response, go figure.
What the heck is wrong with TYM's product support? Has any one had any similar experiences with parts taking that long?

/ Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time? #2  
I don't have any trouble getting parts for my TYM built Mahindra - and all the parts are factory TYM packaged and all.

/ Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time? #3  
Both my dealers have been very good and have not had parts issues. 4 months would piss me off to no end. Completely unacceptable! I would be raising cane with TYM corporate!

/ Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time? #4  
Mine was about 2 months,but the parts only took 2 weeks.the dealer had to make hay 1st! I use mine for my business so i was quite aggravated. wish he would have told me his farm came before his tractor business so I could have went elsewhere.I had a frame issue and he told me my ballast caused it.[390 ford blk & crank. said it might void my warranty cause of abuse by needin' ballast to work my loader!:mad::confused2:

/ Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time? #5  
In a case like your I would start by going over the dealer's head, seeing he can't seem to get the ball rolling I would ask your dealer for some numbers so I could call personally someone in power. After establishing contact make sure you get high enough in the chain of command (get names) and talk directly to someone that can get you honest answers.

Al

/ Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time?
I did some calling around and it appears that other dealers state they can get parts in 3-5 days.
I did ask the dealer for some numbers but he said he didn't have any besides Ken--lying really ticks me off!!
So all I have is Ken-service mananger in NC. I left him an email 2 days ago and a voice message yesterday with no return call or email..starting to boil now!!

I am not sure why the dealer is lying so much or what is going on in his business, but that is no way to handle a warranty repair. I can just image how bad a non warranty repair would be.

Anybody have any other contacts or phone numbers for TYM?

Grut

Some good news.

I ended up calling NC and got to plead my case to a couple of folks. So now a couple of guys at TYM are working on it and will let me know what the deal is. Seems to me like it was a dealer problem, that is after putting the pieces of the puzzle together, but it isn't finished till I get it home and make sure it was fixed correctly. So I will let everyone know when that time is.
I truely like the tractor just never thought I would get that kind of treatment, not good for the blood pressure.

/ Who has had there TYM in the shop for a long time? #8  
A good dealer and company system is very important. Doesn't sound like you have either going for you. Hope it ends soon, and happily.
Used value of TYM's must not be very good, which would make the investment a pretty expensive gamble.

beenthere another lesson learned in life I guess. Kinda fits under you get what you pay for. I was so ready to start tractor shopping again, just to see what it would cost to upgrade to one of them fancy orange or green paint jobs. I have freinds and relatives that have never heard of any repair taking that long but they also have the fancy paint jobs.
To tell you the truth the tractor model(T330) has been around for so long under different names and uses a kubota engine, which both have prooved to be very reliable. So I will keep my first decision and stay with TYM. Just hope I get it soon.
My wife called the dealer while I was at work and he states the parts are not common replacements which is causing the problem with getting them. I truthfully don't know who to believe and could care less who is trying to blow smoke up my butt. I want it just fixed correctly asap.

Just an update still no parts which equals still no repairs, dealer not dealing TYM now because of the support problem. In a predicament now. Just can't believe how a company can have that kind of product support for that much of a purchase. Enough said!