TYM Australia???

/ TYM Australia??? #1  

HiValley

Tractor
Kioti
Anyone know what this is about:confused:
If you go the TYM Australia web site and click on support you get this message:(

Important Announcement
TYM Korea the manufacture of TYM Tractors unexpectedly and abruptly ceased all communications with us in relation to the supply and support of TYM tractors in Australia. This means we are no longer able to offer the TYM product range to the Australian market.

Regretfully this also means we are unable to supply spare parts and support for the TYM tractor range. Without the support of the TYM factory we are also no longer able to provide any warranty support for the TYM tractors.

If you have any questions regarding your TYM tractor please contact TYM Korea

/ TYM Australia??? #2  
Hi all

Not good news at all.

When you search for TYM Austrlalia you get quite a few hits that state:
"TYM Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tractor Imports, a family company based in Brisbane, Australia." If that is still true then maybe the Brisbane office can enlighten anyone that wants to know what is happening.

I presume there is a fallout between TYM Aust and the Korean manufacturer - whoever is to blame I don't think TYM Aust is doing the right thing to it's current and future customers by closing off their web site like this.

(Their dealer list is still accessible: http://www.tym-australia.com.au/tym-dealer-list.html )

Mike

/ TYM Australia??? #3  
Hi

I found out a bit more. I'm told that INLON are now the distributors for Tym and not tym-australia.com.au anymore. Searching Google for INLON and Tym I find this announcement.

December 9, 2011
"INLON has been appointed the exclusive Australian importer and distributor of TYM tractors. "
Inlon makes Korea move - Weekly Times Now

So I expect that Tym will still be available in Australia, the change will be that the dealers will be getting them through INLON in future.

Mike

/ TYM Australia???
Thanks Mike, I don't personally own a TYM tractor but was in the market for a new machine and was one of the brands that I looked at, placed an order for a Deutz-Fahr Agrolux last week, I'm sure your research will help Aussie owners of TYM Tractors if they are searching these pages. I must say though it was a poor way for TYM Australia to communicate what has unfolded to it's previous customers and I would never deal with a company like that.

Peter.

/ TYM Australia??? #5  
Hi Peter

Wow. Deutz-Fahr is far better anyhow. I'd love an AgroFarm but can't afford one. Have fun and do lots of work with your Agrolux.

Mike

/ TYM Australia???
Thanks Mike,
Yes I can't wait this is my first new tractor, only ever bought second hand before.
I assume you are in the US, I was surprised to find here in AU I can buy Deutz or SAME CUT tractors cheaper than Japanese or Korean tractors.
The Agrolux line is assembled in India now so to compete with the cheaper imports from Asia, the AgroFarm I am sure is still made in Germany and would be a lot more expensive and also out of my price rage.

Peter.

/ TYM Australia??? #7  
Just updated my location in my profile.
I'm in NSW, Australia :)

/ TYM Australia??? #8  
I bought a new T451 TYM cabin tractor ten years ago. A couple of months ago, the shuttle shift synchro hub failed. No replacement part in Australia, nothing available from Korea. Right in the busiest time of the year in our vineyard, for spraying mowing and so on, we find ourselves without the most vital piece of equipment on the property. I need to know if there is anyone wrecking similar models of TYM tractors that I can obtain a second hand part from. Machines that have been burned in a fire, or rolled and written off are suitable for parts. It has been a great tractor, and was extremely well backed by dealers and TYM Australia before the agency went to Inlon in Sydney. Now, nothing can be done to get it back into service. We are using borrowed tractors when we can and the business is suffering as a result. Does anyone know of any TYMs being wrecked for parts please? No problem if parts come from the USA either. ?????