Oil & Fuel fluid types, capacities, maintenance items

/ fluid types, capacities, maintenance items #1  

Rabenfels

Tractor
TYM T353
I'm new to this forum and a T353 shuttle shift bought new 2 weeks ago with 8 hours. Had a backhoe mounted by dealer. Asked for manuals and details on fluid types, capacities, manuals, parts listings and owner's manual for the 4 cyl. Mitsubishi. Nothing received - not available. Called TYM in OR but they too did not have anything - received a couple of pages in PDF from their manual. Has anyone had the same experience? Being new to tractors I am not familiar with the oils, greases, hydraulic - and axle fluids - let alone the specifics for the Mitsubishi 4 Cyl diesel.
If anyone has info / input: I greatly appreciate all the help I can get.
I enjoy my new "serious toy" and look forward to many years of great fun and many improvements. :confused2:

/ fluid types, capacities, maintenance items #2  
A lot of this information will be in the operators manual that came with the tractor under the lubrication section. The front axle uses 80-90w oil. The rear end of the tractor uses hydraulic transmission fluid also known as hy-trans fluid. You can purchase service manuals and parts books for your tractor from TYM. There should be a Mistubishi engine service manual offered also.

/ fluid types, capacities, maintenance items
Thanks for your reply. Yes, some details are in the manual - it's just a matter of finding the right info. I'm working my way through. What type grease for grease nipples on implements? Where is the hydraulic filter located?

/ fluid types, capacities, maintenance items #4  
Rab-
I have a 353HST with the 4 cyl Mitsubishi engine. I have the owners manual, what specific questions do you have? I will try and answer them for you. I do not know if this phone number is good any longer but there was a TYM Tech on this forum awhile back and he posted the number to answer questions or to help.

"If you have additional questions, you may call me toll-free at 1-866-684-7378 1-866-684-7378 . - Roger "

You can try giving him a call.

joeyd: Thanks. Not too many questions as yet, more something as a reference. For example: Break in procedure, oil filter/fuel filter type, glow plug number/manufacturer and maintenance schedule / details. The filters and glow plug I like to have in reserve /stock. Thanks

/ fluid types, capacities, maintenance items #6  
Here is a list of filters for my tractor which I cross referenced with some other brands. I hope they are the same for the geared version.

TYM FILTERS
OIL
Donaldson P502067 Original Part ($ 15.41) Dealer
Fleetguard LF 3925
Baldwin - B 1400
Fram PH 6607 or 6017A
WIX 57040 or 51365

Hydraulic
Donaldson P169078 Original Part ($43.00) Dealer
Fleetguard HF 35006
Baldwin BT 8416
Fram P 7537
Wix 51586

AIR
Donaldson Outer - P8121575
Inner - P822858

Also I think you were asking on another forum where the trans filter was located. On the 353HST it is mid tractor about the area of the firewall, it is recessed within the frame. It is easy to see if you get underneath the tractor.

I hope this helps.

joeyd - Thanks for the cross reverences - I like to think that the filters should be the same. Will check for the hydraulic filter over the weekend. Correct, asked on another forum as well. Seems tractor folks are subsribed to share experiences, help out and gain knowledge as much as possible.