Tractor
    TYM T353

Default fluid types, capacities, maintenance items

I'm new to this forum and a T353 shuttle shift bought new 2 weeks ago with 8 hours. Had a backhoe mounted by dealer. Asked for manuals and details on fluid types, capacities, manuals, parts listings and owner's manual for the 4 cyl. Mitsubishi. Nothing received - not available. Called TYM in OR but they too did not have anything - received a couple of pages in PDF from their manual. Has anyone had the same experience? Being new to tractors I am not familiar with the oils, greases, hydraulic - and axle fluids - let alone the specifics for the Mitsubishi 4 Cyl diesel.
    If anyone has info / input: I greatly appreciate all the help I can get.
    I enjoy my new "serious toy" and look forward to many years of great fun and many improvements.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TYM T330HST, T503hst cab, some antique tractors , Bob-Cat zero turn mower

Default Re: fluid types, capacities, maintenance items

A lot of this information will be in the operators manual that came with the tractor under the lubrication section. The front axle uses 80-90w oil. The rear end of the tractor uses hydraulic transmission fluid also known as hy-trans fluid. You can purchase service manuals and parts books for your tractor from TYM. There should be a Mistubishi engine service manual offered also.

Tractor
    TYM T353

Thanks for your reply. Yes, some details are in the manual - it's just a matter of finding the right info. I'm working my way through. What type grease for grease nipples on implements? Where is the hydraulic filter located?

Tractor
    TYM 353HST

Rab-
    I have a 353HST with the 4 cyl Mitsubishi engine. I have the owners manual, what specific questions do you have? I will try and answer them for you. I do not know if this phone number is good any longer but there was a TYM Tech on this forum awhile back and he posted the number to answer questions or to help.

"If you have additional questions, you may call me toll-free at 1-866-684-7378 1-866-684-7378 . - Roger "

You can try giving him a call.
    Isa 43:2-3

Tractor
    TYM T353

joeyd: Thanks. Not too many questions as yet, more something as a reference. For example: Break in procedure, oil filter/fuel filter type, glow plug number/manufacturer and maintenance schedule / details. The filters and glow plug I like to have in reserve /stock. Thanks

Tractor
    TYM 353HST

Here is a list of filters for my tractor which I cross referenced with some other brands. I hope they are the same for the geared version.

TYM FILTERS
    OIL
    Donaldson P502067 Original Part ($ 15.41) Dealer
    Fleetguard LF 3925
    Baldwin - B 1400
    Fram PH 6607 or 6017A
    WIX 57040 or 51365

Hydraulic
    Donaldson P169078 Original Part ($43.00) Dealer
    Fleetguard HF 35006
    Baldwin BT 8416
    Fram P 7537
    Wix 51586

AIR
    Donaldson Outer - P8121575
    Inner - P822858

Also I think you were asking on another forum where the trans filter was located. On the 353HST it is mid tractor about the area of the firewall, it is recessed within the frame. It is easy to see if you get underneath the tractor.

I hope this helps.
    Isa 43:2-3

Tractor
    TYM T353

joeyd - Thanks for the cross reverences - I like to think that the filters should be the same. Will check for the hydraulic filter over the weekend. Correct, asked on another forum as well. Seems tractor folks are subsribed to share experiences, help out and gain knowledge as much as possible.