Near Perfect Paint Match

/ Near Perfect Paint Match #1  

Waterbug

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM 293-HST
I was doing some Spring cleaning out in the barn today and came across a can of red spray paint, that was left over from a previous Honey-do. The cap color was pretty close to the color of my 293 HST, so I masked off a scratch on the tractor and gave the small spot a couple of coats. The color was nearly a perfect match. The paint is Rustoleum "Plastic". It is made to be used on plastics without using any primer. I believe that it only comes in one shade of red. It isn't a perfect match but well might have been, when the tractor was new ('09 model). If you're not looking for it, you can't notice the color variation. Definitely a good enough match for a working tractor.

/ Near Perfect Paint Match #2  
waterbug throw a pic up so we all can see, thanks for the info. Your hood and fenders are plastic aren't they? (I thought they were when I was looking at them in '08)
I heard MF read from TSC is pretty close haven't got around to getting some and trying though.

/ Near Perfect Paint Match
I hope that this works. I took a picture and then drew a squiggly line around the area that I masked and painted. You're looking down on a section of the hood right where it curves from top to side.

Attachments

• draw.jpg
    draw.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 433
   / Near Perfect Paint Match #4  
WOW good job, looks great!

/ Near Perfect Paint Match #5  
Thanks for the tip!