Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Tractor
    TYM 273

    Default TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Hi all,
    I have a TYM 273, great little tractor, that I need to replace the battery in. The battery measures approximately 7" wide by 5" deep by 8" high, I have looked in all of the normal locations, Tractor Supply, Rural King and all of the auto parts stores but I have not been able to find a replacement battery that will fit. I would appreciate any information on brands, size and purchase location. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    587
    Location
    East Lyme, CT

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Take it to an Interstate battery dealer. I am sure they can get you one.
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not be false to any man.
    (Shakespeare, Hamlet)

  3. #3
    Bronze Member Waterbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    56
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Tractor
    TYM 293-HST

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    The battery in my 293 HST measures 7X5X9. I'm pretty sure that is is the same battery or at least the same bracket. I got a replacement at Sam's Club. It is a Duracell Group Size 51 and I'm pretty sure that Walmart would carry the same line. A Diehard application code C-3 will also fit. Make sure that you check the post/terminal location on your replacement. That battery size comes with two different configurations and if you get the wrong one the posts will short out on the tie down bracket. (With the wrong battery, the + and - are at the opposite ends of the battery and the only way to get the cables to fit is to mount it with the posts/terminals against the tie down bracket). I believe that the proper battery is a "-R", but double check to be sure. Good luck.

    EDIT: Here is a link to the Sears battery. The battery at Sam's Club was about 1/2 the price.

    http://www.sears.com/diehard-automot...p-02850451000P
    Last edited by Waterbug; 06-04-2012 at 09:07 PM.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Tractor
    TYM 273

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Thanks for the quick replies, I will check at Sears and Walmart and thanks for the link Waterbug.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Location
    Bensalem,Pa
    Tractor
    Case 580 SLs

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Need batteries for 580 SL. Any special type better than
    others? 8" high 10" long and 7"wide. need two

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46
    Location
    S. Central PA
    Tractor
    TYM K2 T273

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Just got back from Wally Mart. They carry the group size 51 but you DON"T need the "r". That's the one that hits the terminals on the mounting bracket. Just get the regular 51. I just paid $113.00.

    Haven't been on TBN forums for a few years now but a google search for the right battery brought me right back! Thanks for the help Waterbug and NICE snow blower. I need to get one of those!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterbug View Post
    The battery in my 293 HST measures 7X5X9. I'm pretty sure that is is the same battery or at least the same bracket. I got a replacement at Sam's Club. It is a Duracell Group Size 51 and I'm pretty sure that Walmart would carry the same line. A Diehard application code C-3 will also fit. Make sure that you check the post/terminal location on your replacement. That battery size comes with two different configurations and if you get the wrong one the posts will short out on the tie down bracket. (With the wrong battery, the + and - are at the opposite ends of the battery and the only way to get the cables to fit is to mount it with the posts/terminals against the tie down bracket). I believe that the proper battery is a "-R", but double check to be sure. Good luck.

    EDIT: Here is a link to the Sears battery. The battery at Sam's Club was about 1/2 the price.

    DieHard Automotive Battery Size 51: Value for Your Vehicle at Sears

  7. #7

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Quote Originally Posted by Schaec View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a TYM 273, great little tractor, that I need to replace the battery in. The battery measures approximately 7" wide by 5" deep by 8" high, I have looked in all of the normal locations, Tractor Supply, Rural King and all of the auto parts stores but I have not been able to find a replacement battery that will fit. I would appreciate any information on brands, size and purchase location. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks to this thread I got a Sears replacement battery group size 51 for my T273 (took the old one in to make sure it matched). Now I can't seem to find a tie down like the old one which is completely rusted out. Looks like it is metal with a couple of rods with hooks in the end. The metal bracket that goes lengthwise on the top looks like it has a horn and something else attached to it. I called a TYM dealer who said they had nothing specific for the TYM. I can't see any part numbers for it. Can anyone help?

    Thanks

    Chris

  8. #8
    Platinum Member myyaz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    611
    Location
    Nebraska
    Tractor
    TYM T273

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    The pages marked 226 & 227 (PDF page 214 & 215 respectively) show the diagram and part numbers in the parts manual I have. What exactly are you needing?
    - TYM T273, BT200 Backhoe, LT200 Quick Attach FEL-

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    24
    Location
    Dundee, NY
    Tractor
    TYM

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Napa 7551 Is what we put in them regularly. There is a TYM service bulletin showing where to drill two new holes to relocate the battery hold down.
    No better time to do it right, than the First Time.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46
    Location
    S. Central PA
    Tractor
    TYM K2 T273

    Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

    Quote Originally Posted by myyaz33 View Post
    The pages marked 226 & 227 (PDF page 214 & 215 respectively) show the diagram and part numbers in the parts manual I have. What exactly are you needing?
    You have a parts manual ???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tym 273 glow plugs
    By Deniza in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 05:42 PM
  2. Comparison TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE
    By MKIHALL in forum TYM Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 08:51 PM
  3. TYM 273 GLOW PLUGS
    By mark claycomb in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 07:56 PM
  4. T273 -what will be next problem?
    By Gondarem in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 03:18 PM
  5. eBay/Craigslist TYM 233 & 273 mower and loader
    By Grut in forum TYM Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.