Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    TYM 273

Default TYM 273 Replacement Battey

Hi all,
    I have a TYM 273, great little tractor, that I need to replace the battery in. The battery measures approximately 7" wide by 5" deep by 8" high, I have looked in all of the normal locations, Tractor Supply, Rural King and all of the auto parts stores but I have not been able to find a replacement battery that will fit. I would appreciate any information on brands, size and purchase location. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member

Default Re: TYM 273 Replacement Battey

Take it to an Interstate battery dealer. I am sure they can get you one.
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not be false to any man.
    (Shakespeare, Hamlet)

Tractor
    TYM 293-HST

The battery in my 293 HST measures 7X5X9. I'm pretty sure that is is the same battery or at least the same bracket. I got a replacement at Sam's Club. It is a Duracell Group Size 51 and I'm pretty sure that Walmart would carry the same line. A Diehard application code C-3 will also fit. Make sure that you check the post/terminal location on your replacement. That battery size comes with two different configurations and if you get the wrong one the posts will short out on the tie down bracket. (With the wrong battery, the + and - are at the opposite ends of the battery and the only way to get the cables to fit is to mount it with the posts/terminals against the tie down bracket). I believe that the proper battery is a "-R", but double check to be sure. Good luck.

EDIT: Here is a link to the Sears battery. The battery at Sam's Club was about 1/2 the price.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-automot...p-02850451000P
    Last edited by Waterbug; 06-04-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Tractor
    TYM 273

Thanks for the quick replies, I will check at Sears and Walmart and thanks for the link Waterbug.

Tractor
    Case 580 SLs

Need batteries for 580 SL. Any special type better than
    others? 8" high 10" long and 7"wide. need two

Tractor
    TYM K2 T273

Just got back from Wally Mart. They carry the group size 51 but you DON"T need the "r". That's the one that hits the terminals on the mounting bracket. Just get the regular 51. I just paid $113.00.

Haven't been on TBN forums for a few years now but a google search for the right battery brought me right back! Thanks for the help Waterbug and NICE snow blower. I need to get one of those!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterbug View Post
    The battery in my 293 HST measures 7X5X9. I'm pretty sure that is is the same battery or at least the same bracket. I got a replacement at Sam's Club. It is a Duracell Group Size 51 and I'm pretty sure that Walmart would carry the same line. A Diehard application code C-3 will also fit. Make sure that you check the post/terminal location on your replacement. That battery size comes with two different configurations and if you get the wrong one the posts will short out on the tie down bracket. (With the wrong battery, the + and - are at the opposite ends of the battery and the only way to get the cables to fit is to mount it with the posts/terminals against the tie down bracket). I believe that the proper battery is a "-R", but double check to be sure. Good luck.

EDIT: Here is a link to the Sears battery. The battery at Sam's Club was about 1/2 the price.

DieHard Automotive Battery Size 51: Value for Your Vehicle at Sears

Quote Originally Posted by Schaec View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a TYM 273, great little tractor, that I need to replace the battery in. The battery measures approximately 7" wide by 5" deep by 8" high, I have looked in all of the normal locations, Tractor Supply, Rural King and all of the auto parts stores but I have not been able to find a replacement battery that will fit. I would appreciate any information on brands, size and purchase location. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks to this thread I got a Sears replacement battery group size 51 for my T273 (took the old one in to make sure it matched). Now I can't seem to find a tie down like the old one which is completely rusted out. Looks like it is metal with a couple of rods with hooks in the end. The metal bracket that goes lengthwise on the top looks like it has a horn and something else attached to it. I called a TYM dealer who said they had nothing specific for the TYM. I can't see any part numbers for it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chris

Tractor
    TYM T273

The pages marked 226 & 227 (PDF page 214 & 215 respectively) show the diagram and part numbers in the parts manual I have. What exactly are you needing?
    - TYM T273, BT200 Backhoe, LT200 Quick Attach FEL-

Tractor
    TYM

Napa 7551 Is what we put in them regularly. There is a TYM service bulletin showing where to drill two new holes to relocate the battery hold down.
    No better time to do it right, than the First Time.

Tractor
    TYM K2 T273

Quote Originally Posted by myyaz33 View Post
    The pages marked 226 & 227 (PDF page 214 & 215 respectively) show the diagram and part numbers in the parts manual I have. What exactly are you needing?
    You have a parts manual ???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast