Buying Advice New to TYM

/ New to TYM #1  

Brian Miller

Tractor
JD 2305
I'm new to TYM. In fact I knew nothing about them until I stopped by a dealer today. I really liked the look, features, & layout of the 30-50 horsepower tractors. I'm considering getting a T500tlb- when I drove it I was very impressed
So any thoughts on these or anything I should be looking for? I've been searching the web & I really can't find too much info on them.
Thanks in advance,
Brian

/ New to TYM #2  
That sounds like a good choice. The 500 is a nice basic beefy tractor. There are more TYM made tractors around than most people know of. In the past they made tractors for the Scorpion brand and some for Montana tractors. They have been building the "10" series tractors for Mahindra for over a decade. I prefer the TYM over the Mahindra models as they use Daedong engines and TYM uses Perkins engines. The oem TYM model often has more standard equipment accesories rather than options for a extra charge.

/ New to TYM #3  
Hi Brian,
Welcome to the TYM family if'n you do choose to go with that tractor. I don't know squat about the 500's but I do know that my T273 TYM came from the factory with a "Mitusbishi" motor. Non the less - it has served me well for 225 hours thus far, but it is "not" a Perkins engine! So, I am unsure about the response you recieved from Pete-mi, although he is in fact a dealer and has offered me worth while assistence in the past.

TYM tractors seem to have problems with cooling issues. At least, I do! I need to flush out my radiator (external cores) with a water hose each and [every time] I run the tractor or else it will spit fluid out of the overflow tube! Not a major job, but rather a "PITA". It must become a part of your daily operational practices or else - watch out! You will overheat... I think that the air passageway is blocked "somewhat" by the placement - by TYM engineers - of the battery right in front of the radiator! That has been and so far is - my only complaint with the performance of TYM tractors. Although you would be well advised to ensure that you have a reputable and reliable dealer (or two!) within your service range -- as they seem to be only religated as to being located extremely close to the major outlet sources of TYM.

I love my machine; she does whatever I ask of her, but.... but she counts on me to service/maintain her - and even parts have to be "tried" to be located on the web...or fabricated / acquired from local sources (NAPA), etc,. etc.

A good sturdy machine but beware of the pitfalls you may encounter! Greg

/ New to TYM #4  
We have TYM 330 with 33HP Kubota engine. So far it has 550 trouble free hours. I also agree that the radiator design is not perfect. There is an oil cooler in front of radiator and screen filter in between them. The screen catches a lot of flying stuff like dandelion seeds and plugs quite easily. Since the tractor has a FEL the filter is impossible to remove for cleaning. I use compressed air to blow the debris out while moving the filter forth and back in the limited space constrained by the FEL frame.

/ New to TYM
Thanks for the info guys. Good to know about the radiator issue.

/ New to TYM #7  
I recently acquired a T293 after 2 months of research, questions here and trying to digest the helpful answers. I have NO regrets whatsoever. I also have the Mitsubishi engine. I has does all that I ask of it. I have NOT had the overheating issues but then again, I only have 32 hours on it. My girlfriend is becoming quite adept at using it with bucket and forks.

Good luck. Heed the advice on how important the right dealer is.

/ New to TYM #8  
I have the 453 43 HP which has the Perkins engine, no problems with my radiator or any over heating as of yet.

Al

/ New to TYM #9  
Hi Brian,
TYM tractors seem to have problems with cooling issues. At least, I do! I need to flush out my radiator (external cores) with a water hose each and [every time] I run the tractor or else it will spit fluid out of the overflow tube! Not a major job, but rather a "PITA". It must become a part of your daily operational practices or else - watch out! You will overheat... I think that the air passageway is blocked "somewhat" by the placement - by TYM engineers - of the battery right in front of the radiator! That has been and so far is - my only complaint with the performance of TYM tractors. Although you would be well advised to ensure that you have a reputable and reliable dealer (or two!) within your service range -- as they seem to be only religated as to being located extremely close to the major outlet sources of TYM.

I love my machine; she does whatever I ask of her, but.... but she counts on me to service/maintain her - and even parts have to be "tried" to be located on the web...or fabricated / acquired from local sources (NAPA), etc,. etc.

A good sturdy machine but beware of the pitfalls you may encounter! Greg

I also have a 273 that when I bought it, the previous owner complained of it spitting coolant out of the over-flow hose as well. I found that once the tractor was hot, there was not any pressure building up in the coolant system. This can be quickly checked by squeezing the upper radiator hose (use caution around the fan!!!!), and if it is easily compressed (compare it when cold as a reference), there is no pressure in the system. That is how mine functioned, until I replaced the radiator cap (a little product comparison at the farm supply store can get you what you need, if they don't know what part number you need, just make sure it has the same pressure rating, and ID of the radiator mount). Now, all my coolant related problems are gone, and the home-aid catch bottle that was installed was removed. I would check that first, as they engine should not be "over-heating" that easily.