TYM 273 power loss

/ TYM 273 power loss #1  

CDR

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM 273
Hauling buckets of gravel out of my gully today and the tractor would barely get up the hill out of the bottom. Have gone up the same hill for a couple of years with no problem. Full throttle and tractor slows, engine bogs down, RPM start to drop, have to keep easing up on the foreward pedal until tractor is just moving, Rpms return to 2500 at that point. I could actually crawl on my hands and knees faster that it would climb the hill.
Fuel filter changed, air filters clean I'm thinking something in the hyrostatic. On the level it seems to do fine.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!!!

/ TYM 273 power loss #2  
If the engine bogs down it looks more like engine problem or something mechanical such as stuck brakes. How is the smoke looking? Black smoke means something is loading the engine or plugged air filter.

/ TYM 273 power loss #3  
Water in the fuel will make a diesel run like that.

Al

/ TYM 273 power loss
Thanks for the replies. Brakes arent stuck. No unusual smoke(more, less. color. smell). Didn't notice any water when I changed the fuel filter but I am going to drain the tank and try some fresh fuel.
I let you know.

Thanks!!

/ TYM 273 power loss #5  
Overheating. Check trash in screen.

/ TYM 273 power loss
Thanks to all who took the time to read this thread. After the tractor sat for a day or so I found water and some grit in the fuel bowl. Drained the whole system, new filter, fresh fuel and it seems to run fine. I haven't used it hard yet but I think we got it.
Thanks again.

CDR