233 problems need help

/ 233 problems need help #1  

honeydo

Tractor
TYM 233 HST
New to the forum and to TYM tractors. I bought a used 233 few months ago and I do Love it a great little machine but starting to have some problems. I know I have to replace the brake safety switch. Which has been on order at the dealer for 2 months now. I was able to tape it up to use the tractor untill I can replace it. Now I am having other issues. For starts I keep blowing the PTO EO PTO STOP fuse and also seems like the ignition switch has gone bad because I just have to turn the key on and it trys to start without ingaging the key all the way clockwise. The tractor wont start at all. I was wondering if anybody has ran into this or has any suggestions. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / 233 problems need help #2  
TYM 273/293 are known to develop shorts where the dash harness passes through the firewall. (just behind the ignition switch). Mine resulted in the turn signal/emergency flasher fuse randomly blowing. Repairing the chaffed wire and installing slit tubing around the hole that the wires pass through resolved the issue for me.

/ 233 problems need help
Thanks for the info Waterbug I'll check that out.