Now that it's colder ...

/ Now that it's colder ... #1  

DJFireUSA

Bronze Member
Tractor
T233
What "jobs" do you find yourself holding off on until snow melts or frost goes away?

What are "bad" jobs to do when it's cold / colder (at or near freezing).

/ Now that it's colder ... #2  
I have a few dead trees I need to drop. They have vines with no leaves growing up the side. I do not know if it is poison ivy or not. I get itchy looking at poison ivy. Now that it is getting colder my chainsaw finger is getting twitchy looking to cut those two trees down. One of the former three trees I needed to drop fell and knocked my fence down so the remaining two need to be dropped as fence repairs is not on my fun list to do. Where I live freezing weather is rarely longer than a week the whole winter. Anything poison ivy related other that spraying 2.4D on it waits until it is cold and I am wearing lots of thick clothes.

Oil and antifreeze changes are not my favorite cold weather tasks.

/ Now that it's colder ...
Not exactly what I was thinking but....

I was curious about jobs you would do with the tractor that you will hold off until the seasons change back towards warmer trends.

/ Now that it's colder ... #4  
It's flat as Kansas here and the wind can be brutal. I don't have a cab. With the exception of moving snow or removing ice broken trees and/or tree limbs I don't get the tractor out unless I have to until warm weather. What little scurrying around I do in cold weather is done on an ATV. It's quicker in and out of the garage.

/ Now that it's colder ... #5  
snow plowing, cleaning up branches / trees fallen in wind or snow/ice loads and pulling kids on sleds. Earth work no fun with frozen ground.