Your thoughts on your tym tractor

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor #1  

Reyer Farms

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010
I have read a lot of the current and older threads and would like some feedback from dealers and owners on overall satisfaction. I am very interested in those who have run the snot out of em and used them in ag applications. Do you wish you bought bigger or smaller? Fuel usage? How is it holding up? What are you doing with it? Anything.
Thanks y'all!
I am very impressed with the tractors and very interested in them.

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor #2  
We have TYM 330 for about 7 years with about 600 hours. It is not an ag tractor but so far it didn't see a dealer with a single problem. So if you can extrapolate the quality to bigger tractors they should be OK.

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor #3  
I purchased a new T-233 two years ago; its the smallest model but has 4 WD and a FEL. I couldn't be happier. Word of advice, however, is have a dealer close by....mine is 120 miles away. Wouldn't do that again!

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor
Sounds good. What are y'all using them for? I have been pleased with using smaller hp tractors on my farm, it makes cents for us. I have been thinking about a hydrostatic transmission for planting ( we hand plant and speed is critical). I have run a few but never owned one.

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor #5  
Sounds good. What are y'all using them for? I have been pleased with using smaller hp tractors on my farm, it makes cents for us. I have been thinking about a hydrostatic transmission for planting ( we hand plant and speed is critical). I have run a few but never owned one.

My first small tractor (21hp) was a gear shift. Love it and can do amazing stuff with it. I needed a tractor with more hp and higher lift front end loader. Went with HST on this one. Should have gone HST first time. HST is absolutely great for working up close and varying speed. My Kubota is a bit noisy .. but so is the gear shift tractor.

wcampbell47 said:
My first small tractor (21hp) was a gear shift. Love it and can do amazing stuff with it. I needed a tractor with more hp and higher lift front end loader. Went with HST on this one. Should have gone HST first time. HST is absolutely great for working up close and varying speed. My Kubota is a bit noisy .. but so is the gear shift tractor.

Yeah but that noise is sweet music to a country boy's ears. Are you happy with how it pulls compared to gear shift?

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor #7  
My first tractor was a well used, 70s Bolens Iskea, geared, with 2 Wh drive. I really wanted a FEL, so puchased the T233...it has the hydrostatic transmission. I thought I wanted geared, but decided the Hydrostatic is great. Big advantage is the PTO works full time as there is no clutch to disengage! Nice for mowing. Only drawback I see is the noise...they are winey!

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor #8  
T353 seems to be doing all I asked it to do so far. No real hick-ups in close to 100 hours. Mostly back hoe and front loader work. Agree with the dealer situation to be best when you have somemone close by just in case. But it looks like dealers are quitting TYM since they sem to get commissions / warranty work paid late or not at all. My dealer just quit them after 8 years. I have warranty work to be done on my back hoe. Hope it still works out.

Thank y'all for the feedback! Keep it coming. I was looking at some older ones online as far as shape, hours, and resale. They look pretty good all around. It seems that the more hours the better the resale.

/ Your thoughts on your tym tractor #10  
I am happy with my TYM. Wish the dealer network was better, none existent in our area. So far the mobile tractor mech has solved problems. My TYM was one of the first imports to USA. The brand is very much improved over the early years. I purchased my TYM in July 2004 would buy same brand again.