Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM T451,bolens G214.John Deere 440CID,Shaver sc25 stunpbuster,woods750 backhoe,wallenstien splitter,woods bb60 mower,woods 60"tiller,countryline tiller,99 international 4700 car carrier

Default Re: T 603 OVERHEATING HELP

I had the same problem the radiator between rad and a/c condensor was full of chap even though I blew it out with air.Ended up unbolting a/c condensor to be able to get in there to do a good cleaning.Fixed the problem

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM603

I also have the same problem. Very poor design. What really bothers me is making a good radiator is not a new science. I had an Oliver before this tractor and never overheated not matter the situation. I think I blew it out once in about 5 or 6 years of ownership. A good friend of mine farms with older tractors and I asked him about it and he said unless really extreme conditions he cleans his radiators once a year in the spring and never has any problems. My honest opinion is that they put in cheaper radiators to save money and I hate to say this but I think if your engine overheats and needs repaired or replaced they can say neglect on your part and not cover under warranty. Then they can sell new parts or maybe a new engine to you. Don't like to be negative but it would not surprise me if true but could never be proven I am sure.
    I did take off the side panels during the summer and it helped quite a bit. Just very frustrating when you can not go and mow for a couple of hours without stopping to clean the radiator. It does help to wash it out with water but be careful of high pressure because it will bend the fins.
    Dan

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Quote Originally Posted by bha4424 View Post
    I HAVE A TYM T603 THAT OVER HEATS WHEN USING THE PTO AND OR AC ANY SUGGESTIONS

I WAS THINKING ABOUT A BIGGER RADIATOR ,ELECTRIC FANS AND A OIL COOLER BUT NOT SURE WERE TO GET THE STUFF THERE IS NOT AS MANY PERFORMANCE OPTIONS FOR AFTER MARKET PARTS FOR TRACTORS AS THERE IS TRUCKS SO WERE CAN I FIND THE STUFF AND IS THERE ANY THING ELSE I CAN DO ABOUT IT OVER HEATING
    Make sure that there isn't a bunch of dirt and chaff in the radiator air side passages, that the belts are tight and the rad cap is working correctly and has the correct pressure rating. make sur the air filter is not clogged. Check to make sure that the lower hose does not collapse when you increase the rpm.

Tractor
    TYM

A common cure for compact tractors is installing a larger lower radiator hose. Make sure you have flushed the coolant replaced it with new at the proper summer mix. Flush out the heater core. These compact diesels run a higher oil pressure and a Higher RPM range witch would shake apart the older diesels. Make sure you are using proper engine oil for the summer should be 15 W 40 summer time temps over 77 degrees you should use S.A.E. 30 weight and 10 weight for below freezing temperatures your coolant should be ethylene glycol mixed 50/50 ...
    Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12