T 603 OVERHEATING HELP

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP #1  

bha4424

Tractor
TYM
I HAVE A TYM T603 THAT OVER HEATS WHEN USING THE PTO AND OR AC ANY SUGGESTIONS

I WAS THINKING ABOUT A BIGGER RADIATOR ,ELECTRIC FANS AND A OIL COOLER BUT NOT SURE WERE TO GET THE STUFF THERE IS NOT AS MANY PERFORMANCE OPTIONS FOR AFTER MARKET PARTS FOR TRACTORS AS THERE IS TRUCKS SO WERE CAN I FIND THE STUFF AND IS THERE ANY THING ELSE I CAN DO ABOUT IT OVER HEATING :mad:

Last edited:
   / T 603 OVERHEATING HELP #2  
I have a Mahindra 4510 which I am told is a rebadged TYM. It would get warm when the radiator got clogged which it did easily. I repositioned the battery and removed the windshield reservoir so there was more air to the radiator. I also blew out the radiator fins that had chaft in them. Made sure the belts were adjusted properly and added an electric fan in front of the radiator. No problems since but I think the radiator size and design and equipment/accessory placement was a poor design. It would work well in a clean field but not if weeds were present.

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP
I have a Mahindra 4510 which I am told is a rebadged TYM. It would get warm when the radiator got clogged which it did easily. I repositioned the battery and removed the windshield reservoir so there was more air to the radiator. I also blew out the radiator fins that had chaft in them. Made sure the belts were adjusted properly and added an electric fan in front of the radiator. No problems since but I think the radiator size and design and equipment/accessory placement was a poor design. It would work well in a clean field but not if weeds were present.

ok thanks ill try that aslo do you know were i can get a better radiator or electric fans or a over sized oil cooler or a cold air intake for the tractor ???

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP
also would removing or drilling extra holes in the thermo stat help

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP #5  
The shop just added an aftermarket electric fan with a manual switch to turn it on and off. It was quite reasonable. I added an extra oil cooler for my truck once and the shop just plumbed it in and it helped also.

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP
The shop just added an aftermarket electric fan with a manual switch to turn it on and off. It was quite reasonable. I added an extra oil cooler for my truck once and the shop just plumbed it in and it helped also.

what shop do you use there is not one close to me and when i call the nearest one they dont seem to be very good maybe i could order the parts and out it in my self it has a cat diesel maybe cat would have an oil cooler or could atleast tell me what size inlet and outlet i have

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP #7  
Sorry about the late response. Christmas and all. I do not know where you live but Apple Farm Service in Botkins, Ohio has always been fair to me.
Sometimes some of the high school ag shops will do projects over the winter but often they have the tractors for a number of months.

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP
No big deal , thanks i'm in Texas do you also have the cat diesel and do you have the part numbers they used

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP #9  
At one time my mitsubishi grey market tractor began to have the overheat issue.I bought an electric fan from Advanced Auto Parts and installed it in front of the radiator and later I realize the problem was the clogged fins in the radiator ended taking it off.Now I use compress air to clean my radiator every time I,m going to use my t293 as part of my pre-check ritual.

/ T 603 OVERHEATING HELP #10  
No I do not have the cat diesel, it is a Korean diesel engine I think. Unsure about the fan part number.