FEL removal from TYM273

/ FEL removal from TYM273 #1  

dayjd1

Tractor
TYM273
New to this tractor world and I'm about to install a 60" TYM snowblower. I can't seem to unattach the FEL and I have been unable to find any instructions. He is what I have done so far...... Lowered the FEL to the ground on a level surface. Set the safety legs and unhooked the hydraulic connections. Pulled the two large pins in each side and tried to back away from it. The bucket arms seem to be hung up in a indentation (Slot) from the frame mount. It looks like that is the only thing keeping it from separating from the tractor. I tried jacking the arms up and out of this slot but it didn't seem to wanta come lose. Before I break something I thought i'd seek some help. Would appreciate any help you can give me. It is probably something simple I'm failing to do.

/ FEL removal from TYM273 #2  
use your hydraulics to lift it out of the slot then carefully back out and disconnect hoses. hope this helps Steve

/ FEL removal from TYM273
I did try by lowering the bucket like we do when we drag in reverse (Using tractor weight) but it did not seem to want to pop out of the slot.

/ FEL removal from TYM273
Searching the main forum on this problem I think I should of used the curl feature of the bucket instead of just lifting it to lift the FEL arms out of the slots. Also mt FEL stand legs were a couple inches off the ground when the bucket was all the way down. This tractor is 5 years old with about 250 hours on it and I doubt the previous owner ever removed it. The pins come out a little dry but the were clean and not rusted.

Later...... I did manage to get the FEL off but it took a little more than just palying with the hydraulics. The manufacturer must have a set of instructions that make this task a little simpler. Just the bucket removal was very easy but the whole setup NOT! Now to start preping that 273 for the snowblower.

Last edited: