Been a member about a month now ..........

/ Been a member about a month now .......... #1  

dayjd1

Tractor
TYM273
I find alot of info here but the new incoming or requested information seems to flow like molasses. Much slower than other types of forums that I have been a member over over the last 10 - 15 years. Maybe it's just because the TYM tractor is not that popular here in the U.S Maybe a question to the main forum would get much more responses.

/ Been a member about a month now .......... #2  
I doubt it. A lot of us just look through the days posts, not the individual threads.

/ Been a member about a month now .......... #3  
   / Been a member about a month now .......... #4  
Me also . What is your requested information ?

/ Been a member about a month now ..........
Installing a TYM snowblower to a TYM273
It is a front mount and also requires me to install a mid PTO which basically requires me to drop the pto bottom plate and bolt this new gear box in its place. My question ..... I need to drain the fluid from the pto transmission that I will be installing the new gear box to. Will I be draining transmission fluid or will it be hydraulic fluid I will be draining and replacing? Will any bleeding be required after this fluid change? Thanks, Bill

/ Been a member about a month now .......... #6  
Most, if not all, tractors use only one fluid for transmission and hydraulics. I highly doubt there would be any bleeding involved afterward.

/ Been a member about a month now ..........
David, Thats what I was thinking but I'm relatively new to CUT so I sure do appreciate the info.

/ Been a member about a month now .......... #8  
Not familiar with your tractor , but yes it's usually a common reservoir for hydraulics and trans . I'm guessing you don't have a manual . It will be obvious if it is 80/90 wt gear oil or if it is Hyd. fluid . Or it might be molasses .

/ Been a member about a month now .......... #9  
It is Hydraulic Fluid,and the user manual recommend these 3 brands,RPM tractor hydraulic fluid or Textron TDH Premium,TDH Oil (Texaco),Chevron 1000THF.No bleeding required.