Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor .....

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor ..... #1  

dayjd1

Tractor
TYM273
But I replaced my glow plugs and what a difference. Had two plugs that were dead. Also thought it was pretty hard on fuel so could I expect improvement with the new glows?

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor ..... #2  
TYM doesn't make tractor engines so starting has nothing to do with TYM brand but rather with brand of engine they used. Glow plugs have no effect on fuel consumption.

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor ..... #3  
If you think thats hard on fuel try T451

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor .....
If you think thats hard on fuel try T451

No Thanks, I don't need that much power. LOL! Won my first bowhunter state shampionship in St Albans in 1984. Darrel Carter, Bob Rowe, and Ernest Turner hosted the event at the St albans club.

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor ..... #5  
But I replaced my glow plugs and what a difference. Had two plugs that were dead. Also thought it was pretty hard on fuel so could I expect improvement with the new glows?
Hmm!! Only 250 hours and 2 bad glowplug. My 293 has 460 hours on it. Maybe I should change mine.

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor ..... #6  
My T233 starts well in cold, but I did have the glow plug relay (located next to battery) go bad; and then it was very hard to start even in warm weather. Indication was the glow plug "symbol" on the dashboard wouldn't light up when I turned key to left to preheat. Replaced the relay and no hard starts since.

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor ..... #7  
My 293 just wouldn't start below 25 degrees. I installed a 600 watt heater in the lower radiator hose. I now preheat for 2 hours and i t starts.

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor ..... #8  
My 451 starts up even on the coldest days on just one glow plug cycle.It has the Kubota engine in it.When real cold she will sputter for 10-15 seconds after start but then takes right off

/ Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor .....
Waterbug, That was the same thing I did (Coolant heater) before the new glo plugs. When it gets close to zero degrees that heater really makes a difference