Tractor
    TYM273

Default Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor .....

But I replaced my glow plugs and what a difference. Had two plugs that were dead. Also thought it was pretty hard on fuel so could I expect improvement with the new glows?

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

Default Re: Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor .

TYM doesn't make tractor engines so starting has nothing to do with TYM brand but rather with brand of engine they used. Glow plugs have no effect on fuel consumption.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM T451,bolens G214.John Deere 440CID,Shaver sc25 stunpbuster,woods750 backhoe,wallenstien splitter,woods bb60 mower,woods 60"tiller,countryline tiller,99 international 4700 car carrier

Default Re: Hard starting in cool weather I thought was a common problem to the TYM tractor .

If you think thats hard on fuel try T451

Tractor
    TYM273

Quote Originally Posted by carmedic310 View Post
    If you think thats hard on fuel try T451
    No Thanks, I don't need that much power. LOL! Won my first bowhunter state shampionship in St Albans in 1984. Darrel Carter, Bob Rowe, and Ernest Turner hosted the event at the St albans club.

Tractor
    TYM 293-HST

Quote Originally Posted by dayjd1 View Post
    But I replaced my glow plugs and what a difference. Had two plugs that were dead. Also thought it was pretty hard on fuel so could I expect improvement with the new glows?
    Hmm!! Only 250 hours and 2 bad glowplug. My 293 has 460 hours on it. Maybe I should change mine.

Tractor
    TM233

My T233 starts well in cold, but I did have the glow plug relay (located next to battery) go bad; and then it was very hard to start even in warm weather. Indication was the glow plug "symbol" on the dashboard wouldn't light up when I turned key to left to preheat. Replaced the relay and no hard starts since.

Tractor
    TYM 293-HST

My 293 just wouldn't start below 25 degrees. I installed a 600 watt heater in the lower radiator hose. I now preheat for 2 hours and i t starts.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM T451,bolens G214.John Deere 440CID,Shaver sc25 stunpbuster,woods750 backhoe,wallenstien splitter,woods bb60 mower,woods 60"tiller,countryline tiller,99 international 4700 car carrier

My 451 starts up even on the coldest days on just one glow plug cycle.It has the kubota engine in it.When real cold she will sputter for 10-15 seconds after start but then takes right off

Tractor
    TYM273

Waterbug, That was the same thing I did (Coolant heater) before the new glo plugs. When it gets close to zero degrees that heater really makes a difference