T-233 Owner

/ T-233 Owner #1  

welderdawg

Tractor
2012 TYM T-233 with FEL
Bought my T-233 this past summer. I own almost 4 acres of property mostly cleared. I needed a mid-sized tractor to maintain my drive way (200ft) and the dirt entrance drive (1/4 mile??) back to my property since we are the only ones living there now. The land developer lost the surrounding properties back to the bank, so the entrance drive fell upon me to maintain until other houses are built. Then all the owners will help maintain the entrance road. I'm also wanting to hire out to people wanting drive ways scraped, bush hogging, landscaping and gardens maintained. Figured a little extra $ never hurts!

After looking around and price checking I decided on the TYM brand. Seemed the best bang for the buck, plus I needed something my wife could handle and use while I'm overseas working. She loves it and uses the boxblade like a pro now!:thumbsup:

So far the only problem is the hood latch not catching securely and allowing hood to pop up. Purchased a couple rubber hood latches (Rubber Ball in socket type) to mount to the hood and chassis. I've already tried sliding the catch as close to the pin as possible. I read a post about drilling the receiving hole a size bigger to allow latch pin to slide deeper in to catch, will try that while home next time. Mean while hood is held down by a length of 550 Paracord tied across it until I can fix it.:confused3:

Plan on a few more implements such as: 5ft bush hogg (really want a 5ft Flail mower but very pricey!), post hole digger and pallet forks for the FEL. I also plan to weld up some specialty attachments that will help around the property. I already have some plowing implements from my old 1950 Ferguson TO-20 so I'm covered in the gardening section.

Here are some pics of my tractors and a few mods made to the FEL bucket and boxblade to improve their usability.

Attachments

• TYM T-233 & 1950 Ferguson.JPG
    TYM T-233 & 1950 Ferguson.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG0754.jpg
    IMAG0754.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Chain Hooks on FEL Bucket.JPG
    Chain Hooks on FEL Bucket.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Hitch Receiver & Chain Hooks.JPG
    Hitch Receiver & Chain Hooks.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Hitch In Receiver on Boxblade.JPG
    Hitch In Receiver on Boxblade.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 202
   / T-233 Owner #2  
I have a T233 also, and have the exact opposite problem...that is, when I latch it, its very difficut to unlatch! I just shut mine, unlatched...never had it pop open.
All that aside, I enjoy mine on my 27 acres. It keeps the yards and roads cut, and plows/cultivates the food plots. Great little machine!

/ T-233 Owner #3  
I have a t293 with the same problem, every time I use the loader the hood pop up,fix it temporarily with a pair of bungee cords with hooks at each end,until I find a better solution.So far that is my only complain,it has around 80 hrs of work.

/ T-233 Owner #4  
My hood popped up until the frame broke off. since its been fixed so is the hood.knock on wood LOL it sure does flex alot.

/ T-233 Owner
I have a t293 with the same problem, every time I use the loader the hood pop up,fix it temporarily with a pair of bungee cords with hooks at each end,until I find a better solution.So far that is my only complain,it has around 80 hrs of work.

I just purchased rubber hood latches to put on each side of the hood to lock it down. I'll have to wait until I get home to figure out how to mount the latches.

41N4VcVaV0L._SY300_.jpg

I'll try drilling out the hole in the pin recieving bracket on the hood first and see if that will allow the lock pin to slide completely into the latch.

/ T-233 Owner
My hood popped up until the frame broke off. since its been fixed so is the hood.knock on wood LOL it sure does flex alot.

Read a couple posts about the frame breaking in two.....NO FUN!!! Hope my T-233 stays in one piece!!:thumbsup:

/ T-233 Owner #7  
Sounds like a good idea, I will be looking in auto parts stores for those latches.

/ T-233 Owner #8  
TYM has a 5 year warranty...ask the dealer for a replacement latch!

/ T-233 Owner
TYM has a 5 year warranty...ask the dealer for a replacement latch!

That would be the smart thing, for sure!:thumbsup:

Just hate the hassle over something as simple as a latch, dealer almost 2 hrs away from the house. Most likely I can get it to work when I get home, only had it a few days before returning overseas. R&R is coming up soon and I'll work on it then.

/ T-233 Owner #10  
That would be the smart thing, for sure!:thumbsup:

Just hate the hassle over something as simple as a latch, dealer almost 2 hrs away from the house. Most likely I can get it to work when I get home, only had it a few days before returning overseas. R&R is coming up soon and I'll work on it then.

Welderdog, thank you for your service!
My dealer is 4 hours away, in NC:-( Two years ago I managed to destroy my universal and drive shaft...dealer was kind enough to send me the part and I installed. Was easier/cheaper than dragging the tractor down to them. Maybe your dealer could send you the part?