how to disable mid pto?

/ how to disable mid pto? #1  

brooksto

Tractor
TYM 233, Kubota b2320, Simplicity Conquest, Cub Cadet slt1554, Ford lgt-12h
I have a t233 with the mid mount mower and mid pto. Today I bought a 5' bush hog and was going to test it out. Since the mid mount mower was still attached I was hoping to turn off the mid pto without having to unhook the mid pto shaft. (Didnt want to strain the tractor running both at same time) I then realized however that the pto lever to the left of the driver seat seems to be stuck. I checked the manual and it states the pto lever should have 3 positions: mid, mid+rear, and rear. The pto lever on my tractor is only labeled on/off, and there is some sort of plastic tab attached that would stop the lever half way back. I cant even seem to force the lever to this half way point, at least not where it will stay there.

Is there somthing I am missing? Should I be able to disable the mid pto like the manual states? Or are both mid and rear on all the time when the pto dash button is pressed and the lever is a dummy?

/ how to disable mid pto? #2  
If you look at the page 5-13 of the service manual (found online at T233HST T273HST Service Manual ) it shows a 3 position lever like you are talkign about to choose which PTO shaft(s) gets powered, but says that the PTO is turned on/off by a electrical switch. Is yours turned on/off with a switch or with the PTO lever?

Aaron Z

/ how to disable mid pto?
If you look at the page 5-13 of the service manual (found online at T233HST T273HST Service Manual ) it shows a 3 position lever like you are talkign about to choose which PTO shaft(s) gets powered, but sa

ys that the PTO is turned on/off by a electrical switch. Is yours turned on/off with a switch or with the PTO lever?

Aaron Z

The pto is turned on by the electrical switch, but the manual indicates the lever should determine which pto is powered

/ how to disable mid pto? #4  
The lever on the tractor labeled on/off is for 4X4, power to the front axle. The lever should move to three positions, front middle and back. Must have not been use and stuck.

/ how to disable mid pto?
Ok guys I got it figured out. The pto lever seemed to be stuck. I was taking the mid pto shaft off so I could try turning the pto on, just happened to touch the pto lever and it moved to the middle position easily. Moved back forward and tried back again and it was stuck once again, so somthing is definantly going on there. Maybe it needs to be worked back and forth more?

Anyway, I finally got the lever back to the middle position, hit the pto button and both mid and rear ptos were spinning. Manual states I should have a third position that would be rear only, but that tab is in the way blocking it. So I remove the cover and flip it over, that tab looks to be factory, I remove the two screws and the tab, and eureka, the lever moves all the way back and now only the rear pto is going. Not sure what the purpose of that tab was though, very strange, maybe for those without a mid pto its just an on/off for the rear?

2013-02-13_06-54-26_689.jpg2013-02-13_06-57-29_902.jpg

/ how to disable mid pto? #6  
A trick that I use on my t293 when the pto lever gets stuck is turn on the electronic pto switch with the lever in the off position,wait 1 or 2 seconds and then turn it off,then try again the pto lever,sometimes you have to repeat the same procedure more than once.