Oil & Fuel Oil pressure light flickering

/ Oil pressure light flickering #1  

509diesel

Tractor
TYM T233
Hi guys,

I recently got a T233 new and it has about 13 hours on it, but today the oil pressure light started to flicker. This happens even at idle, I was curious if anyone knew why this might happen. The dealer is closed till Monday so I will give them a call then, but looking for ideas in the meantime.

I checked the oil level and it is fine and the tractor seems to idle fine, so I am thinking maybe it is an issue with the sensor?

/ Oil pressure light flickering #2  
I removed the sending unit and hooked up a oil pressure gauge. Everthing on mine was fine . It showed good pressure at idle and while running at more RPM's. The sending unit had recieved a good dose of cleanig fluid and it had gone bad. It is nice to see actual numbers. Removed the actual gauge and replaced the sending unit for under 20 dollars.

/ Oil pressure light flickering #3  
2458n,

I like that idea, I too want to see the actual pressure numbers so they can be monitored. I may take it one step further, if there's enough room and sending unit port is in a protected location. I'd like to install a "T" so the warning light sending unit and a pressure gauge can be installed. Best of both, a warning light to get your attention and a pressure gauge to see what the oil pressure is.

Thanks!

/ Oil pressure light flickering
Look like the issue was with the sender. Seeing about 50 PSI on a gauge. The dealer had to order one so it should be here tomorrow.