Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine.

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #41  
There you go- it's all in the details! You're a champ.:thumbsup:
You can now change your username to Mom IS a mechanic!
Your husband should be real pleased too. Relays are tough to solve- but you went through everything with a systematic approach and it paid off. The relay must have kept draining the old battery to where the alternator just could not bring it to where it needed to be to maintain a charge.
Kudos too on getting your money back. They needed to hear what you had to say, so they don't try the same nonsense with a savvy woman next time.
Pleased to have participated in this thread with you; now go have some tractoring fun!

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #42  
Great thread, add my "Attagirl!" too. Glad to see the problem finally tracked down. Same thing happened to me on a Peugeot 504D I had for a while- glow plug relay would stick in the ON position; didn't take long to kill the battery. (It also burned out a couple of glow plugs-- should you encounter a starting problem in cold weather, you might want to check those....)

I agree, your husband should be proud of how you handled both the tractor and the jerk. Walt

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #43  
Great thread, add my "Attagirl!" too. Glad to see the problem finally tracked down. Same thing happened to me on a Peugeot 504D I had for a while- glow plug relay would stick in the ON position; didn't take long to kill the battery. (It also burned out a couple of glow plugs-- should you encounter a starting problem in cold weather, you might want to check those....)

I agree, your husband should be proud of how you handled both the tractor and the jerk. Walt

Peeew-Jo, NO French 'cars' allowed!:thumbsdown: :laughing:
BTW, Want to say Walt, good call on the glow plugs- was thinking that after my last post- they don't last long with a flakey relay in the circuit.

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #44  
I would like to add my kudos. Your husband is a lucky guy!

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #45  
I was thinking the same thing about those glow plugs, I wonder how much life is left in them. Those glow plugs would flatten a battery in a hurry, and no way the alternators they put on tractors would keep up.. Sure glad you got it going, also glad you came to an equitable solution with the "ripoff artist" that took your money and disappeared. We are all very proud of you for standing up for yourself, and sticking with the tractor repair..way to go!:thumbsup: Take care and happy tractoring!

James K0UA

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #46  
Since I could not load it up to take it to a mechanic, I paid one to come out here and work on it. He arrived several days later and after an hour and a half, he told me he has no idea what the problem is and handed me a bill for $280.

Nice work, if you can get it! I don't know what's wrong with your tractor either here's my bill! :rolleyes:

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #47  
Where was this wonderful lady, when I was looking for a wife?

Oh, I know. Probably not born. :confused3:

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #48  
Not easy is it....
If you are sure your battery is OK it may be the diode block in your alternator. This is quite common. It reduces charge output and loses voltage from the battery if a diode is crook.
Is this tractor diesel? Are the glowplugs staying on and draining the battery?
Good luck

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #49  
Not easy is it....
If you are sure your battery is OK it may be the diode block in your alternator. This is quite common. It reduces charge output and loses voltage from the battery if a diode is crook.
Is this tractor diesel? Are the glowplugs staying on and draining the battery?
Good luck

Problem has been solved- read the last couple of pages:confused2:

/ Alternator not charging battery. Alternator, battery, and fuses all check out fine. #50  
Sorry, just saw the thread and being a mechanic, wrote what was obvious to me.