What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor?

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #1  

dayjd1

Tractor
TYM273
I purchased a used 273 and got a pretty decent deal on it but I think the biggest factor that influenced my decision was because TYM is a ISO9001 manufacturer. I am very familiar with this type of world class quality and a company and its workforce must do a lot of hard work to achieve this registration. I'm not sure when they made this achievement but it was a very good decision on the path to being a world class supplier of quality products. I also spent some time in Korea when I was in the service and the Korean culture are strong believers in strong work ethics.

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #2  
For me it was cost. I had a old Bolens Iskea G-152. I wanted a 4WD and FEL, so I started looking....and looking. I finally purchased a TYM233, like I wanted, for under $10,000 delivered, which was to me a very good deal. I've had it 3 years now, and it has done everything I've wanted. I wish the dealer was closer, for warranty work, but thats the only con so far. Glad to hear is's ISO9001; I agree thats a big deal!

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #3  
Definitely cost. 5 years ago I walked out the door with a T-273 with loader for 10.5K cash. The best I could do in that price range with Kubota was a BX riding lawnmower. Sometimes a deal is just to good to pass on :thumbsup:, even when it's not a "name-brand" tractor.

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #4  
Price and all the features for that price - Loader capacity- quick attach, rear remotes standard, 3pt lift capacity, 4wd, warranty

I have 2 dealers within and hour too.

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #5  
Price and all the features for that price - Loader capacity- quick attach, rear remotes standard, 3pt lift capacity, 4wd, warranty

I have 2 dealers within and hour too.

I agree with all the reasons and then some. I just Bought a T433 TLB. The quality of construction. The Materials used. Cast Iron Axels front and back. The Perkins 404D-22 is a Cat 2.2 4 cylinder diesel. Caterpillar bought Perkins years ago. This diesel engine is very comon in Skid steers,RSV track loaders and some generators. So parts availability is there. Easily cross reference all the filters at an auto parts store. The diesel injection pump is made by Bosch wich have produced injection pumps and injectores for cars trucks and diesel equipment for decades.
The weight of the Machine is Hundreds of pounds more than the almost all of the competition. More weight to move earth and less need for counter weight. My tractor and loader was less than 20K and the backhoe was less than 7K for the 8 ft hoe. Its list price was 38K I paid less than 27 K and a comparable Green Machine was 48K So I could by 2 TYMs. Then there is the 5 year power train warranty 5 years. More than. 2 more years than any one else. And this thing is a beast.

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #6  
Mines an 07' T273 w/hoe. .
I bought mine because of the frame mounted hoe and I fit easily on it. Price wasn't as big a factor and in its class imho it was the best machine capability wise. 5 yr bumper to bumper clenched it.

Kubota was either too big or too small. Kioti was nice but not as manuverable. I love the easy off hoe .... Plus it has great reach being out away from the body and it doesn't need counter weights when picking up heavy items. Mahindra was a close second.

I just looked at new Mahindra's while ZTR shopping and the frame, loader and hoe use much thinner steel. Unless I'm seeing things. Maybe they don't need it or its better tensil strength I have no clue, but its definately not as heavy.

I bought one because a landscaper/construction guy told me ten grand to do drains and fix my property slope to keep water out of my basement. I figured why not own a machine and do my own. So far I've done five neighbors all french drains , lots dry basements now. I even did a septic system for another neighbor , I believe this little bugger made at least half the money back it cost. Maybe 3/4's....and saved me 10k. Nevermind the fun it is to drive.

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #7  
1st was weight of the machine. It is more than most comparable models

2nd price. What comes standard on these machines cost extra with other models

3rd warranty.

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #8  
1st was weight of the machine. It is more than most comparable models

2nd price. What comes standard on these machines cost extra with other models

3rd warranty.

My reasons exactly, plus the orange and green dealers wouldn't spend more than 5-10 minutes answering my questions. My TYM dealer went out of his was to answer questions and show me around the tractor.

/ What was the biggest factor in your decision to buy a TYM tractor? #9  
I don't techniquely have a TYM, but I do have a Montana T2334 which is the same machine as the TYM T233...

1) Price: $11.5K FEL, Mid PTO, Rear Hydrualics, and a brush hog.
2) Capabilities: better than the competition. Weight, Hydrualics, FEL and 3PH capacity, etc.

TYM/Montana were an obvious choice when I saw them. I had been researching all the other typical colours and was having a hrad time justifying a new machine until I found this one. Decision was made after 30 minutes of reading online and 10 minutes in the seat. I am happy and I don't have any complaints.