T233 Battery question

/ T233 Battery question #1  

Klorinth

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana T2334 HST
What size and type of battery should be used with the T233?

And is it possible to put in a stronger one without causing problems?

/ T233 Battery question #2  
What size and type of battery should be used with the T233?

And is it possible to put in a stronger one without causing problems?

By my handy dandy owner's manual the T-233 requires a 12 Volt 38 Amp Hour battery (Page # 1-16). Not sure about installing a larger Amp Hour battery? I've done so without harm in other equipment but that is your decision with your own tractor.

What is the reason behind wanting a larger battery, more electrocal accesories?

/ T233 Battery question
Thank you.

The reason is two fold. More lights and such for sure. The other is to help with cold starts during the winter. I don't have a heated garage or anything so starts in -40 degree temps can be rough.

/ T233 Battery question #4  
I installed a 600 watt lower radiator hose heater to my HST293 . It was really simple to do. Simply drain the coolant , cut the hose, install the heater and replace the coolant. I connect it to a light timer.

/ T233 Battery question #5  
I installed a 600 watt lower radiator hose heater to my HST293 . It was really simple to do. Simply drain the coolant , cut the hose, install the heater and replace the coolant. I connect it to a light timer.

I am going to do the same, but was wondering what size is the lower hose, 1 1/2"
tks
TYM 293 HST

/ T233 Battery question #6  
I am going to do the same, but was wondering what size is the lower hose, 1 1/2"
tks
TYM 293 HST
I have a spare heater hanging on the wall of my barn in Michigan, unfortunately I am curently in Florida.

/ T233 Battery question #7  
1 1/4" if I remember correct. I have put a couple on mine. I have had them burn out in a season or less.

/ T233 Battery question #8  
1 1/4" if I remember correct. I have put a couple on mine. I have had them burn out in a season or less.
It is VERY important that you keep your coolant topped off. If you develdevelop an air bubble around the heater it will burn out.

/ T233 Battery question #9  
I have a Katz brand and have had no problems. I bought another brand first and it was bad out of the box.

/ T233 Battery question #10  
Both heaters I had burn out were katz. Now have a different brand that is cast aluminum and less wattage but has lasted so far. Only run the heater for an hour or two and then unplug before starting.
As far as batteries go I believe a group 51 is a stock replacement. I did that once then I installed a group 26.
I removed the shock on the hood(never seemed to do anything any way) added a limiting cable to the hood and bent the shock brackets and it fit right in.