TYM 200 series (233/273/293) Drive shaft / HST input shaft Failure list, 353 owners..

/ TYM 200 series (233/273/293) Drive shaft / HST input shaft Failure list, 353 owners.. #1  

DJFireUSA

Bronze Member
Tractor
T233
I know I am not very active on this site but my time is split between several other forums, not just on tractor stuff.

What I have done in the past is to compile a list of owners who have had a failure and also their resolution to try and determine if there is any recourse with TYM and if other owners who have not had the problem could do something about their equipment before it breaks. If this is a widespread problem then there could be something to work with. Had I known what to do with my 233 BEFORE it broke, I would not be having to potentially shell out $4,000. (Dealer telling me Corporate advising to replace entire HST as it's easy to muck up input shaft replacement which will destroy the rest of the HST. That means I get to pay for a $3,000 HST when all that's broken is the input shaft.)

What I am asking for is a name, some kind of contact info, tractor info (including year/model/hours, and yea/nay on drive shaft/hst input shaft failure, end result w/warranty status, and positive and negative dealers plus whatever notes you want. I will be placing the info into an excel spreadsheet. No, your contact info will not be sent anywhere aside from TYM.

Doug "DJFireUSA", Firefitr@cxp.com, 2006 TYM 233 w/FEL (317hrs) purchased in 2008, DS/HST Failed 4-17-2013 (drive shaft stripped splines on HST input shaft), not resolved - out of warranty (will update when resolved).

Obviously this website only represents a very small percentage of total TYM owners but it might give some insight to how widespread the issue is.

ALSO - have ANY 353 owners had any kind of similar issues?

/ TYM 200 series (233/273/293) Drive shaft / HST input shaft Failure list, 353 owners.. #2  
Doug, you saw my post from 2011...so I'll be the first:
wayne "vabiker23518" 2009 TYM 233 with FEL. Purchased new November, 2010. about 66 hours at time. DS failed on or about 3/13/2011. Universal joint failed. Resolved; dealer sent me a replacement and I installed.
Hope this helps you!
Wayne

/ TYM 200 series (233/273/293) Drive shaft / HST input shaft Failure list, 353 owners.. #3  
do u only want hst driveshaft failures or all the other annoying junk!!

/ TYM 200 series (233/273/293) Drive shaft / HST input shaft Failure list, 353 owners.. #4  
Wonder is I should trade my Montana 2734 before I strip the drive shaft on mine? I don't want to put $4000 in a repair. So far at 550 hours it has not happened, but I guess it could be anytime now.
What were you doing when it happened, pushing into a pile of dirt maybe?

/ TYM 200 series (233/273/293) Drive shaft / HST input shaft Failure list, 353 owners.. #5  
lucky mine didn't strip but I was backdragging slushy snowLOL
Wonder is I should trade my Montana 2734 before I strip the drive shaft on mine? I don't want to put $4000 in a repair. So far at 550 hours it has not happened, but I guess it could be anytime now.

/ TYM 200 series (233/273/293) Drive shaft / HST input shaft Failure list, 353 owners..

I had just dumped a cedar beam off the FEL. Backed up and transitioned from reverse to forward and that's when she failed. Unloaded, in 4x4 mode, tractor rolled forward about a foot and a horrendous noise started.

Dealer is shipping entire HST to Corporate in NC. They will replace the HST Input Shaft and ship back to the dealer so they can drop it back into the tractor as a complete unit. All this because the dealer wanted me to buy a new HST @ $3,000 because they were not confident in their mechanic's ability to replace the one broken part in the HST. unreal... should have taken the tractor right to corporate. hmmfff