Got tractor but...........

/ Got tractor but........... #1  

Ttsouthern

Tractor
Tym t603
So, my t603 came in and I was excited..... Until I got there. When I went up to look the dealer had no t603 in at the time so, he showed me a t503 and we talked about what would be different. I told him a I wanted a 2013 t603 open platform(no cab). He said ok and I put money down and he was ordering it. So from my knowledge of what I looked up and what he told me the 2013 came with powershuttle, three hydraulic sets in the back, a couple cup holders, and a few other little things. When I got there it had no cup holders, only two remotes out the back, not a power shuttle( so you have to clutch between forward and reverse), the decals where worn of and it already had 9 hrs on it.

So I can look past the worn decals and other small things, but the missing set of hydraulics and no powershuttle and 9 hrs on it kind of bugged me. The dealer was pretty cool and took 600 of the price, ordered me the third set of remotes and said he would put a set of extra remotes out the front by the bucket. I said ok and took it home. I have now ran it for one day and things just seem to be getting worse!! One of the links is to short on one of the hydraulic remotes and will only work in one position. I tried to unhook the loader and I had to tap out the pins because they are to tight so if I keep it I will have to either drill a bigger hole or ground down the pins.

Over all the, tractor runs good but I just get this feeling that I got like a 2012/2011 model instead of a new 2013 like I ordered. Does anybody know a way to check on this or have any other ideas?!?!?!?!? Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

/ Got tractor but........... #2  
If I had expected a power shuttle and the tractor didn't have one... I would have went home without a tractor.

/ Got tractor but........... #3  
Same here. Get what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Got tractor but........... #4  
when i got my 233 it was supposed to have a set of remotes on rear. when it came it had mid mt pto instead. was told the mowers were changed. i don't have a mmm but 300.00+ later i have remotes that cause oil to blow out the vent.ewwww!

/ Got tractor but...........
So, after some more research and digging I do indeed have a 2012 model(called tym and ran the serial number) I am going to keep the tractor thanks to a dealer that is willing to work for me and run a good business! He has taken an additional $3,000 off the price, put the stuff on that should have come with it, add a set of remotes out the front and all this at no cost to me:D. Still won't have the power shuttle put after running so many tractors I still clutch it every time I shift anyways just out of habit! I will say props to the dealer though for working with me and fixing the mistake. If anybody in thw wa/id area wants to know the dealer just give me a shout.(don't know if it's right to say the name in the forums)

/ Got tractor but........... #6  
As many have said its the dealer that makes the deal, tractor colors and brands are all good, so glad you worked a real good arrangement and sounds like a very good price !! Many enjoyable hours of seat time to ya TS

From Eastern, CT

Need to post a pic or two.......its a rule

LOL, as soon as i get the backhoe and all i will post a pick!:cool2:
Thanks for the reminder!
Tim

/ Got tractor but........... #8  
I have to wonder whether someone bought it and if after 9 hours, decided it wasn't up to snuff and returned it. You can probably work the bugs out but, you wanted a power shuttle...

Stuckmotor, I found out through tym the tractors life and all it has been is from tym to one dealer then to the dealer I bought it from. So as far as the nine hrs I could see that from being on the dealers lot for one year and getting moved around. As far as the power shuttle I am fine with clutching while I shift.