tym wheel weights?

/ tym wheel weights? #1  

brooksto

Tractor
TYM 233, Kubota b2320, Simplicity Conquest, Cub Cadet slt1554, Ford lgt-12h
I am looking to buy/make some wheel weights for my tym t233. While the rear tires are loaded, and I have installed 2 link chains on the rear, because of my turf tires I still have traction problems when doing loader work, and using my box blade and subsoiler. I notice that unlike lawn tractors I have had in the past, there are no "extra" holes in the rims to put a bolt through to attach a wheel weight, though there are two studs with a nut on each one.

I found through google a site that seemed to have some type of "universal" weight that says it will fit, but I am having trouble visualing how it would attach to the rim. Also they are only sold in quantities of 17 @ $1000 for some reason. here is the link

Brackets, Front Weights, and Wheel Weights for TYM T233

I would be interested and capable of making some myself, but am unsure how to attach them. Thoughts? Other sources of weights?

/ tym wheel weights? #2  
I switched my tires from r4 to r1 ag tread. Made a world of difference in traction. I can stall the engine out pushing into a dirt pile or pulling too much of a load.

/ tym wheel weights?
Bud I would love to have ags, but it just isnt in the budget now or anytime soon, especially since the r4's are in such good shape. I contacted everything attachments about those wheel weights, they only ship weights to a commercial address in 1000lb quantity, hence the quantity of 17 weights. He could help when I asked how they are mounted since I have no additional holes in the wheels, said I was basically SOL. I think I will consider drilling the rims and making some weights when the tractor gets out of warranty in a couple years. For now I am going to order some chains for the front tires as well.

/ tym wheel weights? #4  
Be careful with chains on the front of a 233. Warranty states no chains on front end for my 273. There is very little clearance between the side of the tire and the steering linkage boots. As I have found it is very easy to tear the boot with the chains passing by so close. If you are going to run chains just realize damage will not be covered under the warranty and keep them tight to the outside to keep them from slipping inward or traveling under load.

/ tym wheel weights? #5  
if u get to much bite, something will break:eek: