t450 runs hot

/ t450 runs hot #1  

mike56

Tractor
t450 tym
i have a t450 tym 500 hours. cant use it very long before it starts getting hot.i clean the radiator all the time get tired of it. what can a guy do to fix the problem. anybody having the same problem. thanks

/ t450 runs hot #2  
Cleaned fins or flushed???? Changed t stat??? Check hose condition (seen bottom hose collapse on cars). Water pump flow??? Many, many, many things to check and these are just the easier ones. Could also be a cracked block or head or blown head gasket.

/ t450 runs hot #3  
You would have some other issues going along with the heating issue if you had a cracked block, head, or blown head gasket. If your not getting any weird smoke, losing coolant, and your oil still looks like oil, then your fine. If your coolant is up to snuff, then your thermostat is a likely target. Your hoses are easy to check. I see the worst case being the radiator is plugged or the fins are smashed, or the radiator is plugged from the inside. If it's a gasser, how is your timing?

/ t450 runs hot
Cleaned fins or flushed???? Changed t stat??? Check hose condition (seen bottom hose collapse on cars). Water pump flow??? Many, many, many things to check and these are just the easier ones. Could also be a cracked block or head or blown head gasket.

i had a dealer tell me that they put an auto radiator in the t450 and the fins are spaced closer together and limits air flow at low speeds.

/ t450 runs hot #5  
I have the same issue and blow out the radiator every other use, I agree its a pain. I live in Iowa too and dusty conditions makes it worse. Mine never gets overheated but does run warmer than I think it should. The dealer I bought this from isn't in business any longer so I have not talked to a dealer about problem. Did they suggest a retrofit?