Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233 #1  

treefireguy

Tractor
Kubota 2301
Hi folks. I have a 2009 TYM 233 HST and it has a been a great little workhorse for me with about 250 hours or so. Just the other day, for no apparent reason, It won't start. When I click the key to the glow plug position, I get no light. I can hear the fuel pump humming, everything else seems fine, just no plug action at all. I can even crank it, so it isn't the battery. (probably not wise to do so I assume without the glow plugs). Is there a fuse for this? Or a fusable link? I doubt all three plugs died at exactly the same time but this is driving me crazy. I can't move it or winch it onto a trailer in the position it is in to take to mechanics. It HAS to be fixed where it is. Please help. :confused:

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233 #2  
I've never had any GP problems with my 293, but others claim that the GP relay is a weak point.

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233 #3  
I don't even use them in the summer. It should start without them.

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233
Does anyone know where the glow plug relay is or perhaps maybe post a pic of it??

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233 #5  
It is up in front of the radiator near the battery on my Montana.

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233 #6  
I have a T223, and had the relay fail. As Bud says, its up front. My relay has an attachment at the battery. Called the dealer and he sent me a new one that I installed. FWIW, my T223 is very hard starting, without using the glow plugs on its initial start...even on warm summer days.

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233 #7  
There was a post on another thread that said that increasing the guage of the battery cables will solve the hard starting issues.

/ Please Help with my glow plug issue! TYM 233 #8  
I have a T223, and had the relay fail. As Bud says, its up front. My relay has an attachment at the battery. Called the dealer and he sent me a new one that I installed. FWIW, my T223 is very hard starting, without using the glow plugs on its initial start...even on warm summer days.

mine too,sometimes after it's warmed up.