TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ?

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ? #1  

bufordt

Tractor
TYM 293 HST ,TX 2000 FEL
I just bought a brand new 293 HST with Loader . After 4 hours of use the hood keeps popping open . I cannot seem to get it closed it doesn't seem to be catching the latch any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ? #2  
As a new tractor there may be a rubber seal around the hood area. a new seal may be stiff and not compressing enough when closing the hood.
There should be some adjustment on the hood latch assy. up/down/left/right. If not, try to letting the hood slam down harder when closing to better engage the latch. I'd look toward the adjustment point first.

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ?
I see no Way to adjust latch . I tried taking the seal off as it is cheap Foam tape anyway. Still nothing , as far as letting the Hood Slam down it has a shock to push it up when opening . But I have used some Force to try to get it to Stay down with no results!

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ? #4  
Since it new and you don't see any way to adjust then it may need a trip back to the dealer. Don't know how close he is. maybe one of his guys could stop at your place to look at it before it requires a trip back to his shop.

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ? #5  
when my 233 did that the frame was cracked.never did it since frame replacement.

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ? #7  
Hello.

While my tractor is a different color and your latch may be different, I too had a problem with the hood coming open. After studying it for a while it became apparent that the latch had been bent towards the radiator ever so slightly. This kept it from fully engaging no matter how hard the hood was shut. (At one point I even put my full weight on the hood, it still did't latch and I'm not a little feller.)

A small adjustment with a pry bar and it was good as new.

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ? #8  
Hello.

While my tractor is a different color and your latch may be different, I too had a problem with the hood coming open. After studying it for a while it became apparent that the latch had been bent towards the radiator ever so slightly. This kept it from fully engaging no matter how hard the hood was shut. (At one point I even put my full weight on the hood, it still did't latch and I'm not a little feller.)

A small adjustment with a pry bar and it was good as new.

I would follow this gentleman's advice, as I also believe it was simply an issue with the latch being bent.
If the issue is too serious for a pry bar, I would suggest seeing your local dealer as you are covered within your 5 year warranty. We'd be happy to replace the hood or frame entirely if that is what it takes.

I apologize you've been having issues! Let's hope this is the first and last.

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ?
I would follow this gentleman's advice, as I also believe it was simply an issue with the latch being bent.
If the issue is too serious for a pry bar, I would suggest seeing your local dealer as you are covered within your 5 year warranty. We'd be happy to replace the hood or frame entirely if that is what it takes.

I apologize you've been having issues! Let's hope this is the first and last.

I understand that I am covered under warranty. I tried the same as him to put my weight on the hood as well with no success (And I am by no means small either lol). Just a little scared about taking a pry bar to a new piece of equipment what that would do to my warranty. I may strap it until I take it in for my first scheduled maintenance. I appreciate all the comments this is my first tractor so I am kind of green trying to explain problems. I don't really see how it could be a cracked frame with just 4 hours on it though. I spent most of that time trying to figure out how to adjust the Box Blade. Thanks!

/ TYM 293 WITH 4 HOURS ? #10  
I understand that I am covered under warranty. I tried the same as him to put my weight on the hood as well with no success (And I am by no means small either lol). Just a little scared about taking a pry bar to a new piece of equipment what that would do to my warranty. I may strap it until I take it in for my first scheduled maintenance. I appreciate all the comments this is my first tractor so I am kind of green trying to explain problems. I don't really see how it could be a cracked frame with just 4 hours on it though. I spent most of that time trying to figure out how to adjust the Box Blade. Thanks!
Of course if it's a serious bend in the metal or something that would risk breaking the actual latch, then perhaps it should be left unto your warranty coverage. However, if it's a small bend that can be easily bent back into shape, then I believe it would save you time in the long run. Also, could you send me a personal message? Perhaps you could send me a picture of the latch area so that I can give you a more comfortable solution.