T273 Alternator fuse

/ T273 Alternator fuse #1  

jimmy123

Tractor
TYM 273
I was wondering if anybody knows where the fuse is located charging circut for the alternator. I have excessive voltage coming out of the alternator (26 volts) but no voltage at battery. I assume alternator needs to out for repair and fuse is blown. The service manual mentions a fuse but no location. I already checked fuse panel but it is not there. Thanks in advance!

/ T273 Alternator fuse #2  
Have you tried looking on the engine side of the firewall?

/ T273 Alternator fuse
Have you tried looking on the engine side of the firewall?
Yes i looked there, didn't see it there either i am thinking it is a "mega-type" fuse maybe under the dash

/ T273 Alternator fuse #4  
Yes i looked there, didn't see it there either i am thinking it is a "mega-type" fuse maybe under the dash

Hi Jimmy,
Could you send me a contact email?
I can send you a complete walk-through of the electrical system of your tractor, complete with picture diagrams.

/ T273 Alternator fuse
I would to personally thank "TYM Tractors" The complete wiring diagram information you sent me was extremely helpful in solving the charging problem. Like I thought it was a blown "mega fuse' attached to the firewall under the instrument cluster.It is great to see a company that provides information to help us with repairs. I am very happy I bought a TYM. I dont think green orange or blue would provide that detailed information for free. Once again thank you.

/ T273 Alternator fuse #6  
I would to personally thank "TYM Tractors" The complete wiring diagram information you sent me was extremely helpful in solving the charging problem. Like I thought it was a blown "mega fuse' attached to the firewall under the instrument cluster.It is great to see a company that provides information to help us with repairs. I am very happy I bought a TYM. I dont think green orange or blue would provide that detailed information for free. Once again thank you.
This is great to hear!
We appreciate your kind words as we strive to provide a positive experience to each of our valued customers. That being said, I apologize you were unable to receive this information from your local dealer to begin with, as this was likely our fault. Although we do try to provide all of the information possible to our dealers for troubleshooting, some diagrams such as this are sometimes hard to locate or lost in transition.

In the future, I would ask you to refer to your local dealer first and foremost for all of your service inquiries. As we are merely here as a resource to assist you both in rare occurrences such as this. :)

/ T273 Alternator fuse #7  
Hi TYM Tractors,
I have read your helpful reply above and wondered if you could help me. I've used my TYM 273 last weekend during rain and got bogged in our creek as the tractor just suddenly stopped. It keeps blowing the 7.5 amp fuse 'EG STOP, PTO' as soon as ignition is turned clockwise. I have so far blown the engine compartment and fuse box with an air compressor and after doing so it was working fine for about 20 minutes then blew the same fuse again. I could move the tractor, only did so for about 50 metres to get it under cover, by holding the key in the clockwise position but as soon as I let go of the key the engine turns off. Is this possibly due to things getting wet? What is this fuse used for other than PTO? I also have an issue with the brake pedal switch (cylinder shape with switch under brake pedal).This has been replaced a couple of years ago under warranty but has now developed the same fault; when engaged I couldn't even move the tractor by holding the key.
My local service tech has gone travelling around Australia and I can not get hold of him and I found this forum via google.
Please help!
Kind Regards,
Sascha

/ T273 Alternator fuse #8  
Hi all,
I think I found the cause of the shorting out/fuse blowing; I traced the wiring from behind the firewall, while it was open I checked all wires and blew all contacts with compressed air, the fuse that kept blowing leads to the solenoid, attached to the front near the positive terminal of the battery. I did not find any chafed wiring along the run causing earthing. The connectors there were muddy inside so cleaned them out and contact sprayed. Seems to work now, even the brake switch is OK, brake lights & indicators don't work at the moment but I'll look into that next time, it's not like I'm driving on roads, only field use. MISTERY!?
Still, if someone could let me know what EG STOP stands for, for future reference, I'd appreciate this.
PS: I did not introduce myself as a new member so here it comes; I live in Cardup, Western Australia, 5 acre block and had the TYM 273 from new, did all earthworks for, 275000 litre rainwater tank, 7 x 14 metre shed and also earthworks for 2 storey house, all on crusher dust (dust from granite or blue metal). Amazing stuff to work with, very compact, solid and the TYM has been working hard with no fail, until last week when I decided to play in the muddy creek on a rainy day.
I am very happy with the performance & capabilities of this little TYM, front end loader has been used the most, followed by rotary hoe for firebreaks and then slasher. I have never fitted anything to, or used the mid PTO, due to clearance. I service the TYM myself with ease, the accessibility of the oil filter could be better but I understand the compactness may have been a major reason for this. I used to use cheap coolant but soon found it was overheating on 45 degree Celsius so now I only use premium coolant, lasting over a year at a time. Position of the radiator is one issue when slashing as it gets easily clogged by seeds and dust and is not easily accessible due to the proximity of the battery. Still, I modified a blower by fitting 5 or 6 mm rubber pipe to the end under a 45 degree angle to be able to get between the rad and the battery. Parts and fluids are readily available here, love the engine & FEL. Seat is cheap and will soon need replacing as one side carrier has broken. Maybe time to spen a couple of $100 on a quality seat.

/ T273 Alternator fuse #9  
When I had that same problem it was because of wires that were shorting to ground under the firewall. The problem was caused by a twisting frame. I pulled the wiring harness down and taped the wires. Added sub frame connecters stopped the frame twisting.

/ T273 Alternator fuse #10  
Thanks Bud,
Which frame was twisting on your tractor?
I was going to pull the console covers off as well but couldn't find the ratchet bit to remove the steering wheel. Also, the 2 x rubber/plastic caps on the handbrake & bonnet release; do they just pull off? I got in far enough by pulling away the lower panel. I couldn't see any damaged wires, most wiring that touches anything is protected with corrugated wire protection, I just air blasted the connectors. I think my culprit was the solenoid above the battery, caked in mud from having too much fun in our creek.
I had to find a quick fix because the wife managed to bog our utility truck near the creek (bold tyres, rear wheel drive only with aluminium tray, no weight at the back), water table is very high here in winter and we sometimes get a bit of ponding so I tried to cut a channel across our rear 2.5 acre block to drain some of that excess water into the existing creek.
I've been given several truck loads of brown coffee rock which I'll put around our septic effluent discharge area. The 273 won't lift some of the huge ones but can easily push them around.
I also got some weights designed to go on the front of a tractor, local dealer had leftovers so cost a carton of beer, I've put them on a steel rod with threads at each end so I can attach them to the rear implement 2 lower arms. This adds weight to the back and good clearance for tight spots. I hear some people put fluid in their rear tyres for counterbalance.