New TYM owner...

/ New TYM owner... #1  

Lunk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720H / BL200 Loader
T353HST being delivered on Friday afternoon.

Was going to go with another Branson, but had difficulty getting a new unit locally without the Tier - 4 emissions crap.

Was planning to go bigger (had a 3510i previously), but ultimately went with another 35hp unit.

Really impressed with the TYM units. I cannot believe how smooth and quiet the Mitsubishi 4 cyl runs compared to the Branson 3 cyl. Build quality appears to be top-notch too.

A little lighter than the Branson was, but the loader has 600# more capacity, and the HST is a definite operational upgrade. Good news is that the dealer includes Rim - guard in all loader tractors he sells, and is even filling the fronts for me gratis.

I will post pics as they become available. Looking forward to joining the TYM community.:)

Lunk

/ New TYM owner... #2  
Welcome Lunk. I have a smaller T233, but it's been a workhorse for me. Lots of TYM owners on here to learn from each other....good luck!

/ New TYM owner... #3  
Welcome Lunk,
Congratulations on your new TYM, look forward to hearing how it works out for you and seeing some photos.

Al

/ New TYM owner...
Thanks guys!

Sounds like I'm getting it this Wednesday. I'm really excited, but was bummed to find out my Faver Grapple was going to take 6-8 weeks to be made/shipped. I had a Markham that I sold with my Branson, and I'll never own another tractor without one...used it more than the bucket!

Hopefully I can remember how to post pics!

Lunk

/ New TYM owner... #5  
Welcome to the TYM family Lunk! I've got the smaller T273 but it's absolutely done all I've ever asked of it. I'm at 405 hrs. (basically trouble free) - I've had a few minor annoyances that were easily overcome. Most had already been announced/experienced by others on this forum. Thanks again to the many other owners of TYM! [and all the other brands] - I also review all the comments of what's going on in the various families; to learn of the strengths and weaknesses that all encounter. I'm as happy with my choice as is everybody else.
Happy Tractorin', Greg

/ New TYM owner...
Welcome to the TYM family Lunk! I've got the smaller T273 but it's absolutely done all I've ever asked of it. I'm at 405 hrs. (basically trouble free) - I've had a few minor annoyances that were easily overcome. Most had already been announced/experienced by others on this forum. Thanks again to the many other owners of TYM! [and all the other brands] - I also review all the comments of what's going on in the various families; to learn of the strengths and weaknesses that all encounter. I'm as happy with my choice as is everybody else.
Happy Tractorin', Greg

Thanks Greg!

By the look of your sig, you've been good to the folks from Woods. How do you like the Cutter?

I'm looking to p/u a BBX60 next week....

Lunk

/ New TYM owner... #7  
Hi Lunk,
I don't have saplings to cut but I have used it as a wood chipper after I've trimmed tree branches, piled them in a row and gone backwards/forwards, and it has performed flawlessly! I mostly just cut pasture grass with it and I've been very pleased with the results/look. My 273 handles the 5' easily! I believe I could run a 6' finish mower with no problems; so with your bigger machine you might want to think about a bigger mower also.

Good luck with whatever choice you make - you've already made a great choice per the tractor!
Greg

/ New TYM owner...
Hi Lunk,
I don't have saplings to cut but I have used it as a wood chipper after I've trimmed tree branches, piled them in a row and gone backwards/forwards, and it has performed flawlessly! I mostly just cut pasture grass with it and I've been very pleased with the results/look. My 273 handles the 5' easily! I believe I could run a 6' finish mower with no problems; so with your bigger machine you might want to think about a bigger mower also.

Good luck with whatever choice you make - you've already made a great choice per the tractor!
Greg

I cut mostly 3' marsh grass, 4-6' weeds and such.

I was thinking of a 6-footer too, but the 60" unit will cover my tracks, and be a bit more manageable in the woods when I'm cutting trails thru the briars. I hate hanging implements up on trees!

I don't cut a ton of acreage, and would be willing to sacrifice the width for a better cut.

That marsh grass can be nasty!

Link

/ New TYM owner... #9  
Yes if you can cover your footprint with a 60" that will indeed be easier to squiggle through the woods with. And, you'll definitely have power enough to chop up whatever you can drive over! Good luck with your future purchase!
Greg

/ New TYM owner...
I hope this works

Pics should be attached.

Looking forward to putting this thing to work!

Lunk

Attachments

• 2014-03-26_17-49-20_103.jpg
    2014-03-26_17-49-20_103.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 482
  • 2014-03-26_17-49-58_457.jpg
    2014-03-26_17-49-58_457.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 2014-03-26_17-49-43_653.jpg
    2014-03-26_17-49-43_653.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 2014-03-26_17-50-17_26.jpg