What do you haul yours with?

/ What do you haul yours with? #1  

jrbarnard

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Hey guys,

One of my concerns, not my biggest as I have friends with larger trucks, but I like to be self-sufficient.

I have a 2013 Ford F-150 XLT. Is this going to be able to haul say, a T433?

What about a T503?

I am looking at a T433 with an auger and a loader. Curious how it will handle this.

Anyone have a pic of what you haul yours with? I am sure it is bigger than my truck.. heh

905469_553368764686337_987170926_o.jpg

/ What do you haul yours with? #2  
Nice truck. About the same color as my 2013 Chevy 1500 Ext cab LT 4x4. (Ruby red metallic). Mine is rated to tow 9600 lb. with the package I bought. At present I usually haul about 7K which is my trailer and tractor but have occasionally hauled a full size pickup or SUV pushing the weight to closer to 8K. Most all of my towing has been under 30 miles each way and I haven't had any problems. The trailer I just mentioned is a 20' tilt bed. I did just buy a dump trailer (attached) and it weighs about 800 lb more than my tilt bed that will put my towing weight with tractor at about 7900 lb. If I ever want to fill the dump trailer I'll have to use another truck to tow with because it would be over the 1/2 T tow rating.

Looking at tractordata's site a T433 and T503 weigh about the same. Add the weight of the loader and your pushing about 6K plus your trailer weight. I don't know what your truck has for a tow rating but it should be close to mine and be able to handle the TYM in question.

Attachments

• DSCN1121 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1121 (Medium).JPG
    284 KB · Views: 131
   / What do you haul yours with?
My driver door says GVWR of 7100, but that is awful low, imo. I am sure there is a difference in that vs what I am ABLE to tow.

Russ

/ What do you haul yours with? #4  
It would be in your owners manual under towing. The 7100 is just the truck with passengers and any cargo. There should be a listing based on your trucks engine, rear end ratio, 4 dr, transmission etc. Of course you would have to get a trailer brake controller installed in your truck if its not built in.

/ What do you haul yours with? #5  
Here's a list I pulled from Ford for a 2013 Supercab F150. As you can see there are a lot of variables.
Just look up your trucks wheelbase, engine, and rear end ratio to get your tow rating.

Here's some pics of my truck, 20' tilt bed, and 24' enclosed trailers.

Attachments

• 2013 F150 tow rating.pdf
    762.1 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN1134 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1134 (Medium).JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN1135 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1135 (Medium).JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN1136 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1136 (Medium).JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN1137 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1137 (Medium).JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
nice. I was just able to look up my towing capacity by puling up the VIN on Ford's site.

I have a 2013 F-150 SuperCrew with a 5.0l V-8, short wheel base and max towing package.

So, it told me my towing weight is 9400, so should be okay with hauling a 433.

Thanks!

Russ

p.s. now I need to figure how TALL a 433 would be on a trailer and make sure I do not go driving around short structures ;) lol

/ What do you haul yours with? #7  
Then you must have the 3.73 rear end. The 3.55 rear end would cut your tow rating down to 7800 lb.

Looks like a 3L series which would make it the 3.73, yes.

The bar code on the rear axle, from what I could read, said S953R.

R

Actually, I show an axle code of L3, which is the 3.31 e-lock and a max towing capacity of 9200.

I read the axle code on the driver door.. heh

Again, I think as long as it is under 8000lbs, I should be fine, and it seems to be that.

Russ

/ What do you haul yours with? #10  
Actually, I show an axle code of L3, which is the 3.31 e-lock and a max towing capacity of 9200.

I read the axle code on the driver door.. heh

Again, I think as long as it is under 8000lbs, I should be fine, and it seems to be that.

Russ

I've always felt that heavy towing should be done with a HD truck, but that being said - your truck should do just fine for occasional use.

You don't state how far, or how often you'd be towing, so it's hard to judge.

Just make sure that you have a suitable trailer with brakes on both axles, and the proper controller hooked up in the truck.

All go and no "whoa" is dangerous as heck. All the towing capacity in the world is useless if some dipstick pulls out in front of you and you cannot stop in time!

Congrats on choosing a TYM!

Lunk