tym drive shafts?

/ tym drive shafts? #1  

BLUEBONNET2

Gold Member
Tractor
nortrac 25 xt JD zeroturn 54", briggs mtr.
good morning,

has tym fixed the drive shaft issues? this will affect my decision on a 25-30 hp machine...........

would like to hear from a dealer.........

just asking..........

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2

/ tym drive shafts? #2  
Well now, "Where are you TYM Tractors??" This is an important question being asked by a prospective future buyer; and, I might add, one that almost all current TYM owners would like to hear replied to by a representative of TYM corporation. An answer, negative or positive, will be respected by all in the family I am sure. Thank you, Greg

/ tym drive shafts? #3  
I do believe the drive shaft issues are fixed with the newer models.

/ tym drive shafts? #4  
Should be fixed on this year model but probably most tractors on dealers lots are older models. I would look under the tractor and make sure before I bought one.

/ tym drive shafts? #5  
myyaz33, I agree with you but was just hoping to elicit an actual company representative reply. My 2009 model has grease fittings on the shaft and is thus - I believe - the newer style. It sounded to me like the OP was asking for factual information prior to possibly making a purchase and a company reply would certainly answer that for him and all.

Bud Soda, I believe that - at least since 2009 - the shafts are new style. But, that is only a belief based upon what mine came with. I sincerely feel for those whom have had shaft problems. It looks/sounds like a $$//time consuming nightmare. Greg

/ tym drive shafts? #6  
Good Morning!
The issues with the 20-30 horsepower drive shafts was resolved in late 2009 via service bulletin. The old drive shafts were completely replaced by a new part entirely. Refer to the image attached for part #'s affected.

I apologize for the late response on our behalf, however, we do operate on a 5 day work-week alongside everyone else. Posts late in the week, depending on the week, may not receive a response until the following week. (At least on subsidiary sites such as tractorbynet, in which we are not directly affiliated.) Please remain patient and a representative will be with you as soon as possible.
T293 Drive Shaft.JPG

/ tym drive shafts? #7  
Thank you very much for the straight forward reply TYM Tractors! I believe that should finally resolve any lingering questions "anyone" might have per the drive shaft being a weak link. I thought this had been resolved in 2009, but didn't have absolute proof; now we all do and this issue can go to sleep!
Greg