273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure?

/ 273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure? #1  

Stumpshot

The tractor is 6 years old and the BT200 seems like it's getting weaker. I'd like to turn up the pressure just a little on the rear hydraulics but can't figure out where the rear hydraulic pressure regulator valve is. Also, assuming it is a screw-in, screw-out concern, which way increases the pressure?
Thanks.
Stump

/ 273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure? #2  
Right turn increases the pressure.

Relief valves are usually close by the IN hose, a hex cap maybe.

It should be set to match the tractor relief.

/ 273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure? #3  
There was a post back in 2009 ( 5/15/2009 ) which may assist.

I too have noticed a drop in digging force/performance of my BT200 over the past year or so.

I would be interested to know from the 2009 post if the increased pressure changes that were made are still proving beneficial to the performance of the backhoe?

If so what was the method used ie. where and what was adjusted and where did you measure the pressure? A couple of photos would help.

/ 273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure? #4  
Further to this enquiry I touched base with the Australian distributor who has provided the following info. The loader relief valve is set to 175 bar and the main / relief valve is set to 140 bar. The 140bar setting is lower than the loader setting to protect the PTO assembly. Assuming the 140 bar is correct they are looking into whether there is any adjustment in the backhoe hydraulics where perhaps the pressure has drifted off and can be ultimately recalibrated.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this matter. Perhaps "myyaz33" who posted back in 2009 on a similar if not the same problem or even the "TYM rep" who has commented on a few posts lately.

/ 273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure? #7  
Well this is going to test my memory but I think JJ hit it close on his post. As a matter of fact I think he helped my back in 09 too. Anyway I have attached a picture from underneath the drivers side rear tire. Right in the center of the picture you will see the a nut with the hex center. I believe that was where I made the adjustment.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140908_190308.png
    ForumRunner_20140908_190308.png
    363.1 KB · Views: 131
   / 273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure? #8  
Thanks for the info. I am familiar with the screw in the picture. Digging deeper into the memory bank did you measure the pressure before and after you made the adjustment or was it a case of giving the screw a small say 1/4 of a turn and test the performance?
However you went about it did it make a big difference to the digging force and is it still the same today?

/ 273 HST backhoe-----Where's the regulator to increase pressure? #9  
I did measure the pressure before and it was 1800psi and after it was 2300psi. You got it, I slowly turned it like you suggested and re-tested.. As far as if it is still that today, I don't know (but will go check :) As i recall it did make a difference in digging force that was noticeable but I haven't used the backhoe for quite awhile. Will have a project for it soon though.