293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics

/ 293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics #1  

a5t1

Silver Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5600
So far I've put about 95 hours on the 293, I've been happy with it so far...

The other day it helped me sister a broken support on the barn 16' 2x8, notice that the quick attach levers are both in their down position:
Cleq6N.jpg

The next time I went to use the tractor I noticed I couldn't engage the quick attach pins on the bucket, switch back to the forks, still a no go. Here are some pictures I took showing the problem:
o2qvtg.jpg

Here is the difference in gaps between the two sides:
WNozcA.jpg

2omYLM.jpg

I crawled underneath and checked all the bolts, everything seemed tight. What am I missing? I would think something loosed up going from the 16' lumber to attach the bucket... help?

/ 293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics #2  
its just a guess but from the side view it looks like one side was not in on the top when you used the forks causing the mount to get twisted. I would place a solid piece of something stiff between the ram where the tube comes out and the top of the bracket where the forks and bucket attach on the nearest side in the picture and gently , slowly apply pressure in the return ( tilt up ) direction and try to get the 2 sides even again.

/ 293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics
I think both tops would have to be in inorder to lift up the forks, I'm 99% sure I had the QA hooked in...

/ 293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics #4  
I think both tops would have to be in inorder to lift up the forks, I'm 99% sure I had the QA hooked in...

It is definitely twisted, a common problem with this type quick attach. There are many threads about it here on TBN.

Look at the difference of the rod sticking out with the fully retracted curl cylinders. Put the one that is too far out against an immovable object and slowly push the other side out until it is even.

Here is the last twisted QA thread that I replied to: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/321315-quick-attach-bent.html

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll try and get to it tonight and post an update..

Took your advice and pushed one side of the QA to straighten it out. Problem solved, thanks!

/ 293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics #7  
Well that is good news!! So glad you got it fixed and Xfaxman took the time to post and help. Now if it happens to me I know what to do!

/ 293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics #8  
   / 293 loader or quick attach problem, please see pics #9  
I looked at your first post again, and suggest that you put your forks on and check where I added the arrow in your picture, to see how big of a gap there is between that surface and the fork frame.

o2qvtg.jpg

Also check how far the latch pins protrude out the bottom of the fork frame.

If one side pops over the latch pin, that allows the QA to twist.

After thinking about this more, the twist was my fault. Leverage and all...